9.

Aiah took a deep breath, still feeling nervous. She's going to see Mikha, but she doesn't know if the redhead would even talk to her. It's been hard for her.

She grabbed her purse and opened it. She took the lipstick from her purse and applied it on her lips, making a pop sound with her lips once she finished. She then looked at herself again in the mirror for the last time, giving herself a smile.

"Ganda mo talaga, ate Aiah," Stacey complimented, leaning on the door while looking at Aiah. Aiah thanked her and gave the other girl a soft smile.

"Let's go na ba?" Maloi popped her head in the door, looking at Aiah. "I got my keys na."

"You don't have to," Aiah replied. "Someone will drive us."

"Huh?" Stacey looked at Aiah, confusion all over her face. "Sino naman?"

While the three of them were conversing, suddenly, a knock was heard. Maloi then went to the door and opened it. What she saw made her widen her eyes, but a tint of pink quickly rushed to her cheek.

"Sino 'yan?" Aiah asked. She and Stacey then walked to Maloi along with their suitcases, trying to look at the figure in front of the girl. When they recognized who it was, Aiah then smiled.

"Hi," greeted Colet, waving her hand at the three cutely. Maloi bit her lip at the sight.

"Ready na ba kayo?" Colet asked, playing with the keys she was holding. Aiah nodded, giving Maloi a comforting touch on her shoulder. Stacey then went back to her room to grab her purse and bags, stepping outside. She turned to Colet, one of her hands on her waist.

"Ikaw ba maghahatid sa amin?" Stacey asked, raising a brow. Colet lightly chuckled at the girl, fixing her cap.

"Oo, Princess Bubblegum," Colet answered, teasing Stacey. The latter then playfully rolled her eyes at Colet in return.

"Maloi?" Aiah called. Maloi was just standing by the door, frozen. Colet then turned her head to Maloi, giving her a downward but awkward smile. Maloi could only gulp. She then composed herself.

"Sorry," Maloi said. "Tara na."

-

The drive to the event was not that long. Their condo wasn't too far, so it only took them around two hours to arrive. When they arrived, Colet went to the private parking lot reserved for their cars.

"Payaman, may sariling parking lot tayo," Stacey retorted from the backseat, her eyes not leaving the scenery of building lights.

"Gwen na 'yan eh," Maloi said, who's currently sitting beside Stacey, the reflection of the lights visible on her glasses.

Colet then parked the car and turned the engine off. She opened her car door and went outside. Aiah and the other three then proceeded to remove their seatbelts. Colet opened the car door for Aiah, giving the brunette a warm smile.

"Thank you," Aiah said, smiling back at the other girl. Colet then proceeded to open the car door for their other friends as well. And of course, this didn't go unnoticed by Maloi, who's now a blushing mess.

"Teh, halata ka," Stacey whispered to Maloi, giving her a nudge on the arm. Maloi pouted her lips, playfully rolling her eyes at Stacey. Stacey could only chuckle, amused at the situation.

"Oh wow," were the only words Aiah could say, her eyes exploring the beautiful scenery of the place as the three of them walked to the entrance.

Gwen decided to have her birthday event at the resort her family owns. The scenery is breathtaking. The sun is descending in a cascade of gold and crimson, giving serenity to its admirers. The reflection of the sky on the water was a sight to see, as the various canvases of colors harmonized with its rippling waves. The palm trees, with their leaves flowing, made an appealing sound for the people's ears. The horizon was such a view to admire, where the sky and the sea meet at its end.