12.

Mikha sat beside Aiah, looking at the brunette who had her eyes closed while resting her head on the table. Mikha took the time to admire the view. Though she was as red as a tomato, she never failed to amaze the redhead just by her physical appearance. Mikha then pressed the bridge of her nose and sighed.

"Why drink when you can't even take it?" Mikha mumbled. She then suddenly remembered the time she got drunk and Aiah was there to take care of her. She shrugged it off, softly tapping Aiah on her arm to wake the brunette up.

"Oh, anong nangyari d'yan?" Stacey asked, arriving with Jhoanna at the scene. Jhoanna looked at Aiah, scanning the drunk girl.

"Drank a lot," Mikha shortly replied, still tapping Aiah on the arm. Stacey then sighed, sitting in front of the redhead and brunette. Jhoanna proceeded to sit beside Stacey.

"Alam mo ba kung bakit naglasing 'yan?" Stacey asked, crossing her arms and legs at Mikha. Mikha had an idea, but she didn't want to assume that it was because of her, because whatever the reason was, she knew it was her fault.

"Because of me?" Mikha asked, looking at Stacey directly in the eyes. The latter gave her a shrug and scoffed.

"Mukhang hindi siya gigising, Mikha," Jhoanna started, grabbing a slice of pizza.

"I can see that," Mikha replied. She then stood up and, without hesitation, picked Aiah up and carried her on her shoulder. The other two widened their eyes at Mikha, who had one of her hands in her pocket and the other on Aiah's back. She then pushed her sunglasses to the top of her head, shifting her gaze at the two.

"What?" Mikha spoke. The two just shook their heads quickly, still shocked. Well, first, because Mikha never did this for anyone. Second, she was effortlessly carrying Aiah on her shoulder.

"Tell the others na mauuna na kami," Mikha said.

"What about Jane?" Mikha pursed her lips, thinking. She then combed her hair with her other hand.

"Tell her na I'm taking care of Aiah," she replied and walked away. The two had their eyes following Mikha's back, their mouths agape.

-

Mikha walked toward the elevator, grabbing a lollipop from her pocket and removing the wrapper with her teeth. Once unwrapped, she popped the lollipop into her mouth and stuffed the wrapper back into her pocket. When she reached the elevator, she pressed the button and waited for the doors to open. She stepped inside and pressed the button for her floor. Tapping her foot as the elevator ascended, she felt a mix of nervousness and excitement.

The elevator dinged, and Mikha stepped out, heading toward her room. She pulled the key card from her back pocket and scanned it. The door beeped, and she pushed it open.

Mikha entered the room and scanned the surroundings. Spotting the bed, she carefully laid Aiah down. Aiah shifted into a more comfortable position. Mikha finished her lollipop, biting it and tossing the stick into the trashcan near the door. She grabbed a towel from the closet and headed to the bathroom.

Standing in front of the bathroom sink, Mikha placed her hands on the edge and looked at herself in the mirror. She realized she was a blushing mess. Though she hadn't drunk any alcohol, she was even redder than Aiah. Her heart raced, and the heat slowly crept up her body.

Aiah was in her hotel room. On the bed. Alone. With her.

Mikha ran her hands over her face and hair, feeling the frustration and nervousness wash over her. She took a deep breath, dampened the small towel, and went back to Aiah.

"And you're as pretty as ever, Aiah," she whispered to herself. She sat on the edge of the bed and gently pressed the dampened towel to Aiah's face. Mikha took a deep breath, unable to help but take in Aiah's beauty and presence.

"Mikha Lim," Aiah mumbled, holding Mikha's wrist. She slowly opened her eyes, looking at Mikha, who had her eyes on Aiah's hand on her wrist. Mikha then glanced at Aiah.

"You're drunk," Mikha said. "Let me take care of you."

"Take care of me?" Aiah lifted herself up, her face only inches away from Mikha's. The redhead could feel Aiah's hot breath on her face, making the butterflies in her stomach flutter.

"U-um..." Mikha took a deep breath, glancing at Aiah's pink, plump lips. "Yes, take care of you."

Aiah inched her face closer to Mikha's, her nose almost touching the redhead's. Mikha gulped nervously at the proximity. She turned her head away, not wanting to make the situation worse.

"What's wrong with you?" Aiah whispered. Mikha slightly inched away from her, turning her head back to the brunette. She saw Aiah pouting and found it cute.

"Aiah, you're drunk," Mikha replied. "You need to rest."

"Hindi mo ba ako namiss, Milk?" Aiah asked, giving Mikha her puppy dog eyes. Mikha couldn't resist and sighed.

"I missed you, Aiah," she confessed, her voice barely a whisper with a hint of pain evident in her voice.

"I missed you, too, Mikha," Aiah replied, placing her arms around Mikha's shoulders. She softly pulled Mikha's head closer, making their noses touch. Mikha widened her eyes, swallowing the lump in her throat. Her eyes darted between Aiah's lips and brown eyes.

"Aiah, stop," she quietly said. The brunette exhaled, and Mikha felt the warmth of her breath on her lips.

They stayed like that for a while, with Mikha holding Aiah gently by the waist, not wanting the girl to fall. Aiah kept her gaze on Mikha, while the redhead looked anywhere but Aiah.

"Look at me," Aiah demanded. Mikha slightly turned her head to avoid the brunette's eyes. Aiah cupped Mikha's face and turned her head back.

"Why can't you look at me?" Aiah whispered. Mikha closed her eyes tightly.

"Stop," Mikha spoke. "You should sleep. You're going to have a headache tomorrow."

Aiah looked at Mikha for a moment before slowly flopping back onto the bed. She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. Once she was sure the brunette was asleep, Mikha felt relieved and exhaled deeply. She continued to dab Aiah's face with the towel before placing it back in the bathroom sink. She stood in the doorway, staring at Aiah.

"Stop giving me mixed signals, Aiah."