11.

Colet went outside of the club. When she felt the cold breeze of the night, she closed her eyes, inhaling the smell of the leaves of the palm trees. When she opened her eyes, a certain spot caught her attention. She squinted her eyes to read the letters displayed and when she recognized it, she smiled to herself. She walked to the spot and entered the store, the door chiming indicating that a person walked in. She then went to the counter, looking at the different flavors of ice cream available.

"Good evening po, ma'am," the cashier greeted. "What's your order po?"

"I'll have two scoops of mint chocolate ice cream with peanuts as toppings," she replied. The cashier then gave her a smile and nodded.

"Copy po."

-

She then decided to sit on one of the chairs just outside the ice cream store. She took a spoonful, smiling internally as she remembered how it became her favorite ice cream flavor.

Flashback.

The five-year-old Aiah sat on the grass, tilting her head as she looked at the sky, the rainbows visible with its ends landing on both sides. She squinted her eyes, feeling the sunlight hit her eyelids.

"Anong ginagawa mo rito?" the five-year-old Colet asked. She then sat beside Aiah, her hand holding a cone of ice cream.

"Hinihintay kitang lumabas eh," Aiah replied, smiling cheekily at the latter. "Para maglaro na tayo."

"Chinese garter ba lalaruin natin?" Colet asked and licked her ice cream. Aiah shifted her gaze at the ice cream Colet was holding.

"Oo, dead mother dead all ulit," she replied, curiosity all over her face as she looked at the bluish-green ice cream. Colet looked at Aiah intently.

"Gusto mo?" she asked, holding the ice cream near Aiah. Aiah then glanced at Colet, parting her lips slightly.

"Anong flavor 'yan?" she asked Colet, tilting her head while her eyes scanned the ice cream.

"This is mint chocolate daw sabi ni mommy," Colet replied, smiling at Aiah.

"Masarap ba?" Aiah asked, curiosity all over her face.

"Gusto mo tikman?" Colet asked. Aiah nodded hesitantly as the flavor was unfamiliar to her. She then looked at the ice cream before taking a lick. When she tasted it, she made a disgusted look on her face. Colet laughed in return, finding the girl amusing.

"Masarap?" Colet asked, grinning. Aiah shook her head, her nose scrunching as she wiped her lips.

"Ew, ang panget ng lasa," Aiah retorted, making Colet chuckle.

"Masarap kaya," Colet said, biting a little of the ice cream.

"Gusto mo 'yung ganiyang flavor?" Aiah asked sincerely. Colet looked at her before nodding, half-smiling.

"Okay," Aiah said. She then raised her head and looked at the rainbow. "Sa birthday ko, ganiyang ice cream handa ko."

Colet crossed her eyebrows. "Akala ko panget 'yung lasa?"

"Eh kasi sabi mo, gusto mo 'yung ganiyang flavor."

Colet smiled at the memory. Despite Aiah's hatred towards her favorite ice cream flavor, she always ate it with Colet whenever she got the chance. She remembered that one time when they were kids, there was no mint chocolate flavor the vendor was selling, so Aiah looked for that flavor in every store open on their street. Maybe it was one of the reasons why she loves mint chocolate.