13.

Aiah woke up from her dream about running from dinosaurs. Slowly opening her eyes, she scanned the unfamiliar room. She sat up, stretching her arms and back, feeling satisfied as her back cracked. Noticing a figure, she turned her head to see Mikha sleeping soundly on a one-seated sofa, a blanket draped over her. Aiah smiled, finding the redhead cute as she quietly snored. She removed the blanket from herself and headed to the bathroom.

Standing in front of the mirror, Aiah suddenly felt like a meteor had hit her head. She groaned, rubbing the back of her head. Feeling a little better, she washed her face with warm water and picked a wrapped toothbrush from the medicine cabinet. After brushing her teeth, she dried her face with a clean towel. When she emerged from the bathroom, she was met with a grumpy Mikha, whose eyes were squinted but still focused on her.

"Good morning?" Aiah hesitantly greeted, tilting her head at Mikha. Mikha just stared at her, yawning before heading into the bathroom and gently closing the door. Aiah chuckled, still feeling her head ache.

"Why drink when I can't even take it?" she mumbled to herself, rubbing her head slowly. She grabbed a glass, poured water, and drank it slowly.

"Good morning, Aiah," Mikha greeted from behind. Aiah turned to see Mikha leaning against the wall, arms crossed.

"Headache?" Mikha softly asked. Aiah nodded, pouting. Mikha sighed and stepped closer to Aiah.

"Next time, don't drink that much," Mikha said softly. "You know that you have low alcohol tolerance."

"Hm, hm," Aiah nodded, taking another sip of water. Mikha looked at her, taking a deep breath.

"I don't know how to cook," Mikha started. "Let's have breakfast downstairs in the restaurant."

"Mikha," Aiah started, locking her gaze with Mikha's. She gently placed the now-empty glass on the sink counter, licking her lips before speaking. "Are we okay now?" she asked quietly, her voice barely a whisper.

"What do you mean?" Mikha replied, furrowing her eyebrows.

"What did I do for you to distance yourself like that from me, Mikha?" Aiah weakly whispered, feeling her heart beat faster.

"I'm sorry," was all Mikha could say. She lowered her head and fidgeted with her fingers, feeling her chest grow heavy.

"Let's talk, Mikha," Aiah rubbed her hands together, trying to ease her nervousness. "Please."

"Okay," Mikha replied, biting her lip.

"Explain to me why you did that. I don't know what I did wrong, so please, enlighten me."

Mikha took a deep breath before speaking. Whether she liked it or not, she had to talk to the brunette and explain. "I'm sorry for avoiding you these past few days. I admit, nagtampo ako sa 'yo. After I planned for us to hang out, well, you were out with that guy."

"He has a name, Lim."

"I know, I just don't want to say it." Aiah chuckled at her reply, a small smile forming on her lips. Mikha felt herself blush internally at the sight.

"And then, I went to your condo and waited for hours. I didn't know you were out with him at that time. I just told myself that maybe, you had an emergency or whatever it was."

"What? You waited for hours?"

"Um, yeah," Mikha nervously scratched her nape. "I was actually just outside your unit then decided to go down. When I was about to go home, I saw you exit his car, so I just stood outside and waited for you near the entrance."

"Nagstay ka sa labas ng unit for hours?" Aiah asked, confused. Mikha nodded, pursing her lips. "Hindi ka pinapasok nila Maloi?"

"Well, about that," Mikha started. "I insisted on staying outside kasi they had a guest din."