10.

Jane offered her hand to Gwen and shook hands with her. The other girls then smiled at Jane, shaking her hand as well. When it was Aiah's turn, she looked at Jane for a little bit and shook her hand, her chest feeling heavy.

Questions started to flood through Aiah's mind. Who is this girl? Why is she here? Why is she with Mikha? Why does she look pretty?

Aiah's insecurities started to rise up and she felt her stomach clenching. She looked at Jane, who's sitting beside Gwen, and beside her is Mikha. She saw how beautiful the other girl is and she hasn't known Jane for long, but she can already feel that the girl has a pure innocent soul. Aiah felt eyes on her, so she shifted her gaze to Mikha, who quickly looked away after catching the brunette looking at her.

The DJ then played an upbeat song, which caused some of the girls to smile. Sheena stood up, feeling the hype flow through her.

"Guys, hindi ba kayo sasayaw?" Sheena said, crossing her arms, waiting for the other girls to go with her.

"Birthday ni bebe oh," Sheena then made puppy dog eyes at them, which caused some of them to giggle. "Let's have fun na."

"Alrighty, tara!" Maloi stood up and entangled her arms with Sheena. Gwen then followed them to the club dance stage.

"Jho, tara?" Stacey spoke, biting her upper lip. Jhoanna just raised her head to Stacey, looking at the girl intently. Stacey can see through Jhoanna; despite the bickering between the two, she knows Jhoanna best among all of them. Well, because she likes her.

"Wala ako sa mood," Jhoanna replied flatly. "Ikaw na lang."

"I don't have someone to dance with," Stacey quietly said, her voice barely a whisper. This earned a sigh from Jhoanna because she herself knows that she can't resist Stacey for long.

"Fine." Jhoanna nonchalantly stood up and waited for Stacey. The latter then gave her a warm smile, her hand holding Jhoanna's wrist.

"I'll go din muna," Jane spoke, giving Mikha a half smile. "I want to dance."

"Have fun," Mikha replied, her lips parting slightly. Jane then stood up and walked away from their table, leaving Mikha and Aiah alone.

Albeit the music surrounding the whole area of the club, the air was thick between them. Mikha was sitting just one seat away from Aiah, tapping on her phone. Aiah couldn't help but bite her lip, taking a glance at Mikha every time she got the chance. The redhead then combed her hair with her fingers, feeling the uneasiness slowly clouding between them. Aiah then took a deep breath and spoke.

"Mikha?" she called. Mikha hesitantly turned her head to the brunette, catching the most beautiful brown eyes she's ever seen. Her pupils then dilated, feeling the rainbows run around her stomach again in chaos.

"Hm?" Mikha hummed in reply, her gaze focused on the brunette. Aiah analyzed the redhead, but she had an unreadable expression visible on her face. She then took a deep breath, thinking about not wanting to waste this opportunity to talk about what's going on between them.

"How have you been?" Aiah softly asked, concern visible in her voice. Mikha opened her lips to talk, but when nothing came out, she closed them. She then sighed, crossing her arms.

"I'm fine," she quietly replied, but loud enough for Aiah to hear. "You?"

"Not okay," Aiah honestly replied, giving the redhead a forced smile. Mikha could only bite the inside of her cheeks, suppressing her emotions.

"Mikha," Aiah started again. Mikha turned her head to the brunette and felt her stomach clench after seeing her teary eyes. "I don't know what happened or what I did wrong."