song

——

"Well?" Sasha blurted across from you on the bed.

"Well, what?"

"Are you going to tell me who gave you that necklace you've been staring at nonstop that I've never seen you even wear?" She asked and you stopped touching and staring at it to look at her.

"Eren gave it to me...last night. It's gold, not silver, it's a gold necklace Sasha!" You said excitedly and she returned the excitement.

"And it's a jellyfish! With blue tentacles! It's gold Sasha, gold!" You repeated happily on your bed.

"And he made me an ice cream churner! Look," you hurried off the bed and rushed to the desk you left the box on to pull out the ice cream churner he'd made for you.

You held it up proudly, admiring it more and more every time you saw it. You don't think you've ever smiled so much in just one week until now and even Sasha noticed.

"And I drove! I drove in a parking lot and then he got me to drive to the beach, I parked the car straight and everything!" You said excitedly and set down the ice cream churner.

"I haven't seen you smile like this...ever." She pointed out but that didn't dim your light, you were too excited.

"A jellyfish necklace, Sasha! Who wouldn't be this happy about a jellyfish necklace?!" You questioned eagerly and she just smiled back at you, finding enjoyment in your excitement.

"Is there anything else you want to tell me?" She inquired and you plopped down on the bed next to her.

"He didn't tell me that my smiling was annoying him or that my laugh was irritating. He didn't even say anything about my dress," you said in a much lower tone and turned so that you were sitting across from each other.

"See? I told you not everyone is as shitty as your ex...not insulting you randomly is normal behavior for anyone who isn't crazy!" Sasha expressed and even though you weren't exactly used to that, you appreciated it anyway.

"On another note, I heard you slapped Pieck." She claims and you just look at her with a straight face.

"Connie told me after Jean told him. I have no objections, she can be annoying," she shrugged it off casually and you nodded in agreement with her while playing with your necklace.

"I also heard something else that was rather interesting," she announced and you turned your head.

"I heard that you and Eren slept together...I'm assuming that's not true because if it was, you would have told me first, right??" She explained with more emphasis and on her being told first more than anything.

"Eren and I are just friends! And of course, I would tell you first." You promised and she stuck her pinky out so you locked onto it with your own.

"You're just friends but you're practically exploding with happiness from the necklace he got you and the ice cream churner that he made himself?!" She repeated back to you but you didn't see what she saw in that truth.

"Do you like him, y/n?" Sasha asked with a slight grin and you shook your head.

"He's a friend, Sasha...and I have to go, we're going driving," you hopped off the bed excitedly and hurried to the door to leave your room quickly so Eren wouldn't have to wait on you.

You walked out the door and saw Eren leaning on the car, waiting for you with his arms folded across his chest. You'd been driving Connie's car, Eren told you there was no point in teaching you stick when you didn't drive those kinds of cars. He didn't want to overcomplicate things for you.