Chapter 6: 'Spar' your arse

As days come and go, things have been as it was. But things didn't get any better though as you're always busy doing paper works while you send perfectly trained agents on their own mission once they complete the phases of being a trainee.

The former head of the Avengers however has actually its own life as he wasn't always here, let alone he wasn't living here. The other one though, Natasha, remained as a resident at the compound and seeing as she lived here longer than you did before, she has privilages to everything that you have.

And every early morning for four months, she'd find you in the training room either having a punch or running on the treadmill, which made Natasha wonder if you ever had other things to do other than work.

Right now, as you were busy running on the said treadmill, your ears was clogged with earphones, the beat of it boosting your energy as it always have. When all of a sudden, Natasha stood infront of you, watching you even.

She said something to which you couldn't understand,  "What?" You asked a little too loudly in return.

She pointed to her ears, motioning for you to take the earphones off, so you did, the same time as slowing down the speed of the treadmill.

Arching an eyebrow at her, she reamained her posture taking you in for a moment before she spoke up again, "Wanna spar?" She offered, the first two words she had said to you since she came here.

"Why?" You questioned, making her roll her eyes. "Please tell me this is not Laura's idea," you followed up and she smirked.

"It's Laura's idea," she stated, and you sighed, chest heaving up and down as your heart was still not slowing down.

"And you're taking her word because..." You trailed off.

"Because she's my friend and I need to get to know you," she retorted and you nodded in consideration.

"Fair enough."

With that, you both ended up in the ring to which gave you the idea that she's used to not hurting people when sparring, while on the other hand, you did not care less if your opponent got injured because that's what they taught you.

"I'm not a coward or anything, but I don't want to hurt you and I don't think this is a good idea, given the fact that we're not wearing gloves," You interjected before anyone of you ends up in the medbay.

"What, you don't think I can't take a punch?" She retorted, challenge visible in her voice.

Rolling your eyes, "of course you can, you're the Black Widow."

"Well atleast you know your opponent, me however doesn't."

The conversation went on as the both of you circled each other, waiting for a perfect timing to charge at one another.

"You could've read my file," You offered, dodging her punch.

"I did," She replied while learnibg your tactics to fight.

"And..." But unfotunately for her you were quick to guess what her next moves are.

"It didn't give much for a thought," she answered back, blocking the punch that you pumped.

"Meaning?" You didn't thought you'd say that outloud, which made Natasha furrow her eyebrows as she took a glance at you for a second before focusing back on the fight.

"You know, childhood, past life, relationships, parents..." As she continued talking, the words seemed to get stuck in your head, causing you to stop for a moment and easily getting distracted, to which Natasha took advantage of.

So in one swift move she grabbed the back of your head, flipping you down as your cheek smacked on the matt. You groaned in pain, realization hitting you now as your head releases away from the unwanted thoughts. Furrowing your eyebrows, you turned around so your back would be resting on the matt as you glared up at a smirking Natasha.

"I'm pretty sure you don't fight like that in the field," she arched an eyebrow at you,making you scoff.

"Yeah, no shit," you mumbled under your breath, standing up yourself and immediately walking your way out of the gym.

"Hey, where are you going?" Natasha questioned with a crease in her eyebrows.

"None of your damn business," You answered. You didn't mean to be so harsh about it, and certainly you don't blame her for anything, but it's just something about what she mentioned earlier that pissed you off, and you didn't like it.

 You didn't mean to be so harsh about it, and certainly you don't blame her for anything, but it's just something about what she mentioned earlier that pissed you off, and you didn't like it