Chapter 24: Tensions Flare

The briefing room in Titans Tower was filled with a palpable sense of unease. Aquaman stood at the head of the table, detailing the next plan with a commanding presence. His voice was steady and authoritative as he outlined the operation to secure a critical piece of intel.

Cassie Sandsmark, sitting near Tim Drake, attempted to lighten the mood with a flirtatious comment. "Hey, Tim, maybe after this mission, we could grab dinner together? Just the two of us."

Tim, clearly uncomfortable, shifted in his seat and gave her a  firm rejection. "I think it's best we focus on the mission right now, besides you aren't my type."

Cassie's smile faltered, and she leaned back, clearly disheartened by his response. The room's tension seemed to thicken as everyone prepared for the next stage of their plan.

Amidst the discussion, Artemis couldn't hold back her frustration any longer. Her patience with Wally's lingering resentment had worn thin. "Wally, you need to get over it. We've done everything we can to make amends. It's time to move on."

Wally's eyes flashed with anger, his jaw tightening. Without warning, he slapped Artemis across the face. The room fell into stunned silence as the sound of the slap echoed.

Conner Kent, unable to contain his anger, charged at Wally, his fists clenched. "You don't get to treat people like that! Not after what you did!"

Before Conner could reach Wally, Kyle Rayner's Green Lantern ring flared to life. With a swift motion, Kyle enveloped Conner in a green energy field, lifting him off the ground and hurling him into a nearby corner.

"Enough!" Kyle's voice was firm, his eyes burning with intensity. "This has to stop."

Conner landed with a thud, groaning in pain as the energy field dissipated. He struggled to get up, his face a mix of fury and confusion.

Artemis rubbed her cheek, tears of frustration mingling with her anger. "I didn't mean for things to escalate like this. But we need to find a way to resolve this conflict."

The room was silent except for the harsh breaths and the shuffle of footsteps. Wally's face was set in a hard line, his anger still simmering but controlled. Aquaman stepped forward, trying to diffuse the situation.

"Everyone, take a moment," Aquman said, his voice calm but authoritative. "You can't keep doing this. You all need to focus on the mission, and You need to find a way to work through our issues without resorting to violence."

The Titans and The Team exchanged glances, the weight of the recent events heavy on their shoulders. There was a collective sense of exhaustion and frustration, but also a shared understanding that they had to find a way forward.

As the meeting concluded, the teams reluctantly prepared for their next mission, their interactions strained but necessary. The lingering issues between them remained unresolved, but they knew they had to work together for the greater good. Each member was left to grapple with their own emotions and the realization that healing would require more than just time—it would require effort, understanding, and a willingness to forgive.