Chapter 12

When did you feel the fulfillment that you were with someone whom; you could be with for the rest of your life?

You are both content with what you have because, at the end of the day, you will always choose each other in all ways.

Would you be ready to take all the pain because you stood up for it?

or

Would you just let the tadhana decide where your relationship may end up?

Sage POV

Nate and I were having our date at a restaurant when a girl approached him

Nate then looked at the girl and tried to remember her name. When he realized who it was, he then stood up and embraced the girl.

"It's been a long time Natalie, when did you come back?" he said smiling

Who is this girl? Who is it this time at ganyan pa siya ngumiti. He was smiling from ear to ear na minsan ko lang makita.

"Last week lang, It's been a while Nate. Kamusta ka?" she said smiling too before kissing Nate on his cheek. 

That made him surprised and looked at me shaking his head.

"Ohh, I'm sorry you are on a date ba?" She asked instantly

Well, I will just pretend that I didn't see that. She doesn't know anyway. And why am I acting this way?

"Yeah right, Natalie meet my wife Sage." after he said that Natalie looked at me weirdly. or did I just interpret it wrongly? 

But I still smiled at her.

"She was my best friend when we were in college," Nate whispered to me before sitting by my side and gestured Natalie to sit where Nate was sitting a while ago.

"Join us for a while Natalie. I would also love to properly introduce my wife to you" he continued before holding my hand and looking at me with a smile on his face. 

Which I'm starting to dislike. How could he smile like that when this girl Natalie was looking at me differently?

"I know her Nate we've been in the same modeling agency. She's a little famous in that industry. Samuelle Sage Castillo right?" she said smiling which I find not genuine

So I just nod since I don't remember her. Hindi ko rin siya nakikita, I only go in that agency occasionally. It was my side hustle when I was in college and I temporarily stopped because I needed to focus on my company.

Nate on the other hand looked at me confusedly and I realized hindi ko pala nasabi sa kaniya. Well, I am just modeling when I have time.

He was about to ask me when he was interrupted when Natalie spoke.

"How long have you been married?" Natalie asked looking directly at Nate. So he shifted his gaze to her

"Almost 6 months na." I answered. Ako na sumagot because Nate was still clouded.

"I never thought Nathan would settle since he is a man who will always choose his career." she said confidently 

What is she implying this time?

"I thought so too but I've changed Natalie, Sage is different." he said before kissing me on the forehead.

I looked at Natalie's reaction and I don't know but it's just different. As much as I want to not put meaning on it she's just transparent.

"How many chapters did I miss? I think you have a lot of things to tell me, Nathan." she said pretending she was interested

How can Nathan not notice it?

"Let's catch up soon Natalie." He answered which made Natalie nod din naman in response

"Anyway, I have to go na, nice seeing you again."

"Also, nice to finally meet you, Sage, hope to see you in the company soon." she said smiling and waving goodbye which I was not happy about

We also bid our goodbye to her.

"You are really close to her noh?" I asked when Natalie was already out of our sight

"We've been classmates in college and our parents are close friends. So yeah we know each other for a long time."

Tumango ako bago uminom ngtubig. Because I felt tensed by how he looked at me. I can feel that he reallywants to ask something. 

------

We are walking around the mall but he's still quiet. I don't know how to start a conversation because I feel like he is mad.

So I stopped walking. I'm just staring at his back slowly moving away from me. I can't converse myself with him when he's like that because I know it's my fault. I'm scared of hurting him even more.

He was already far when he looked back and noticed that I was not beside him. I can still see him from my position. He was looking around and worry was evident in him. 

When he finally saw me, he jogged. And when he got close to me, he hugged me immediately.

"I'm sorry Sage." he said after breaking the hug

I smiled and invited him to the coffee shop around the corner. Also, I want to talk to him to clear things out.

When we got our orders, we sat near the veranda.

3 minutes had passed and No one dared to talk. He is really upset and I don't want na palakihin pa ang issue na ito because it will just make things complicated.

I composed myself and sipped my coffee first before talking.

"I'm sorry Nate for not telling you about my modeling. I just think that you don't need to know." I said looking at him nervously

"Are you mad?" I continued since he was just looking at me. Hindi ko siya mabasa

"No Sage, I'm not mad." he said still on his straight face

"But it looks like you are." bumuntong hininga siya bago ako sagutin

"I'm just upset and concerned because you have a lot of work in your office. I'm just thinking about your health."

"Lately you've been skipping your meals and you're late na umuwi. I'm worried." he continued and it was evident to him that he was concern

"How'd you know I'm skipping meals?" I asked confusedly

"I'm asking your secretary. I just need to know."

And once again, I feel something in me that I don't understand. He makes me so special every day that I forget where our relationship started.

Now I get it when he is bringing food kahit late na.

Ano ba talaga tayo Nate? I couldn't ask him, worrying that I might get the other response which, would hurt me in the end.

"Hey, are you crying?" he asked at dali dali siyang lumapit sakin.

"Sage, why what's wrong?" he asked again before wiping my tears

I can't stop crying thinking that he was so good to me. He cared so much that I feel so special again.

Naramdaman ko nalang na niyakap niya ako.

I just couldn't tell you, Nate. I'm so scared.

"I'm sorry for making you worry, Nate."

I choose to keep what I am feeling for you.