Chapter 17

Sage Pov

It's been a week since Nate went to Singapore and I haven't heard from him since then. I'm starting to get worried because he is not like that. I messaged his friends, and they don't have an idea what happened to him. The last message I received from him was when he arrived in Singapore.

I've been messaging him since then but there is still no response from him. I tried contacting his secretary, but he didn't respond.

"Nate, please respond whenever you can. I'm getting worried." A message I sent to him before looking at the papers I needed to review not having the energy to read.

I couldn't continue working because all I could think of was him. If he is doing well, or if he is fine.

This is making me frustrated this is not like him. Hindi na ako nagdalawang isip pa at nagbook ako ng flight papunta sa Singapore. I informed my secretary that I would be gone for a few days before driving to our house.

KINABUKASAN

"I will come for you, Nate." a message I sent to him before entering the plane because anytime soon we are taking off to Singapore.

Gladly he sent me the place where he would stay when he arrived in Singapore.

I don't know I just feel something happened to him. I need to know because I care for him.

After a few hours, we arrived and after settling I rode a Taxi to go to the hotel where he was staying. Nang makarating ako ay dumiretso ako sa receptionist to confirm my own room. I booked earlier so It won't be a hassle for me.

She checked my reservation before giving me the key card. She also instructed me in some directions.

After talking to her, I asked Nate's room.

"What room is North Nathan Lopez?" I asked but she just looked at me confusedly so I introduced myself

"I'm his wife," I said before showing her one of my IDs where his surname is indicated.

She was not sure if she would give me but after convincing her with some pictures she gave me the number.

I didn't waste any time and I hurriedly went to the elevator to find my room before going to his room.

While walking the hallway I saw his secretary so I called him.

"Ma'am Sage? What are you doing here? Does Sir Nathan knows you're here?" sunod sunod niyang tanong

"Hi Mark, No he didn't know because it's been a week since he messaged me." I said sounding worried

"Po? He didn't tell you?" He asked confusedly

"Tell me what?"

"When we arrived here, dumiretso po siya to meet the investors and since then he became busy and overworking himself. Kaya po siya nagkasakit Ma'am pangatlong araw na po ngayon." he said looking at his tablet maybe checking something

"Can you give me his key card, I will just check him." I asked at agad niya din naman binigay

"Alis na po ako Ma'am kayo na po bahala sa kanya, may mga aasikasuhin pa po ako." He said before waving his hand

So I just nodded

Pumunta na ako sa room ko at iniwan ang mga gamit ko bago ulit lumabas para puntahan ang room niya. Mabuti nalang at liliko lang ng konti ay nandun na yung room.

I entered his key card and when it was unlocked I went inside. I was greeted with just a light coming from the window and his scent.

I opened my phone's flashlight to switch on the light.  After, I went to his room to check on him.

When I opened the room I was shocked to see a woman unbuttoning his shirt. She was also startled but she just smirked at me.

"Who are you?" she asked which made me think na ang kapal niya naman atang magtanong hindi ba dapat ako.

"I'm his wife. What are you even doing here?" I want to know what is going on because Nate's in his vulnerable state which this woman is taking advantage of. 

or maybe not? either way, I want to know what this woman is doing in my husband's room.

"You're delusional, he didn't introduce any when he was asked during his meetings with his investors." she said confidently

I was hurt but I know he's just protecting me but my concern right now is this woman.

Bago ako magsalita ay nakita kong gumalaw si Nate.

"Oh you're awake Nathan, look someone is claiming that she is your wife." she said pointing her finger at me and tumawa pa.

"My wife?" he said lazily

"Yes, you don't have a wife right? should I call security?" she said

ang kapal naman ata ng isang ito.

"I have." Nate said that made the girl confused

Kaya bumangon siya at agad na tumingin sa direction ko.

"Sage?" he said confusedly and looked at the woman beside him shocked

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" he asked

"It's Cassandra, I'm the model you're looking for. I know that you like me so here I am." she said smiling more like flirting

"What? I don't even remember you. How did you even enter my room?" he said still weak

"Come on Nathan don't pretend like you didn't like me." she said before touching Nate's arm

Napabangon siya at tumayo bago lumapit sa akin and hug me before looking at Cassandra.

"Don't touch me, my wife's here. Get out of my room." he said firmly

"I know that you don't love her Nathan, I can do better—" pagpupumilit niya pa

Before she could finish what she was saying, she was cut off by Nate

"I said get out." he said in his serious tone that made Cassandra scared

Hindi na siya nagsalita pa at kinuha ang bag niyang nasa table bago nagmadaling lumabas.

"Paano siya nakapasok?" Nathan murmurs before he fell down

"Hey, why did you get up? kung hindi mo pa naman kaya." I said 

Kaya agad akong lumapit sa kaniya para alalayan siyang makapunta sa kama niya.

Nilagay ko ang kamay niya sa shoulder ko and held his waist to support him not to fall again.

"I didn't do anything Sage." he said nung naihiga ko na siya

"I know I saw it." I said firmly

"We'll talk tomorrow, you need to rest for now." sabi ko bago siya kumutan.

I choose to stay because I trust him. I don't want to make hasty decisions and regret afterward.