Chapter 15

Sage POV

"Welcome to France Sage," he said before hugging me.

That's so sudden. I never thought that I would be able to visit France with the person I married without any ground at all. He became my best friend in an instant. I never expected that we would be so close.

I thought I would visit this place with Lucas thinking that our relationship was so perfect that we could be together till' our last breath. It turns out that I am just the one who is thinking about our future.

Ako lang yung nagpaplano ng lahat.

"Sage, come here, let's take a picture." he said while gesturing for me to come near him

We took pictures everywhere we went in the busy city of the place. Try different food and drinks we spot around the area.

Living with Nate, I discovered one of his hobbies is photography. He loves to take photos especially candid ones. Because for him it tells different stories. Photos are more natural and the emotions are vivid.

We sat on a bench where we could see the panoramic view of the city. It shines brightly with the street lights and car lights passing from different routes. It offers a different kind of night view.

"Do you want to hear a story?" Nate suddenly asked

"Hmm?"

"Do you know that Rapunzel and Flynn met unexpectedly too?" he asked while looking at me

Napailing lang ako sa tanong niya because I didn't watch the movie.

"Flynn was trying to escape from Maximus the bad guy. Flynn is a bad guy too because he is a thief. But that is not what I want you to focus on. While looking for a hidden place where he can hide he found a tower. He climbed up, in that he met Rapunzel." he continued which I nodded in awe

"In search for an escape, he met Rapunzel whom he can be her savior because, for the first time, Rapunzel leaves the tower."

I don't still get his point but I can relate to the story

"Sage, I am that Flynn who is looking for an escape. I met you unexpectedly and I even married you in an instant."

I looked at him assuring him that I was listening.

"I never thought that I would make a decision impulsively but gratefully we're good. I may not be the man you expected to be your husband and the person who will be with you for the rest of your life. The one you will tell your stories and jokes. The man who will be by your side when you need someone. And the one you can talk to about how your day went."

He looked at me and held my hand

"One thing is for sure I don't regret the day I proposed to you to marry me. I would fulfill my promises until I can. I will protect you no matter what happens." he said genuinely

"Nate, you've been acting so weird lately. You can always talk to me naman when there is a problem. I feel like iiwan mo ako." I said while trying not to cry but my voice told me otherwise because it cracked when I said the last line

Because I don't know what I am feeling right now. I am so overwhelmed sa nangyayari ngayon.

Kaya ayaw kong pag-usapan kong anong meron kami ngayon. I don't want to talked about our feelings either.

"Nate ayaw kong maiwan ulit. I am so scared to be alone again. Nasanay na ako sayo eh." sabi ko habang umiiyak.

I covered my eyes with my palm because looking at him would make me sad even more. Mabuti nalang at walang tao dito sa kabilang part ng tower.

"Sage, that's not what I meant. I'm sorry." he said and pulled me into a hug. He was also caressing my back to make me feel better.

The view was beautiful and relaxing, but here I was crying out loud because I couldn't properly express my feelings to him.

He broke the hug and took out a ring in his pocket. He held my hand and wore it on my ring finger where our wedding ring was placed.

"This is a promise that I will be with you always, in all ways."

It was fun to visit a country with someone whom, you can be yourself with no matter what the situation is.

I choose to believe and hold on to your promises. I choose to stay, kahit walang kasiguraduhan.