Chapter 4 iSurprise

Chapter 4

iSurprise

~ * Carly * ~

I am extremely excited! My dad agreed with me to let me go back to Seattle for the holiday! Our plane just landed back here in Seattle and my dad and I are getting our luggage. I wouldn't even care if my suitcase got lost, I am going to see my friends and Spencer again! Eeeeeeep!

I still haven't talked to my dad about how I actually feel in Italy, I feel like he might realize when he sees me being happy here. But I won't bring it up if he doesn't. For now I'm just gonna enjoy this week with my friends and Spencer! I'm so happy that I'm gonna see them again, especially since they have no idea I'm coming.

I smirk to myself as I think about how I convinced my dad to surprise visit Spencer and my friends. I'm not sure if he's over the fact that Spencer didn't go to law school already. But he has nothing to complain about, Spencer's sculptures have been selling like crazy lately! I'm happy for him.

I decided to also go to L.A and visit Sam. I hope I haven't been replaced by Cat already, that'd really break my heart. I guess I'll just have to go and see. I'm so excited to see Sam again, I've been missing Spencer, Freddie and Gibby a lot, but the way I miss Sam is different. I realized I just can't be without her. She's absolutely my best friend, almost like a sister.

I get taken out of my thoughts by my dad handing me my suitcase ''here you go honey.''

I take the suitcase from him and smile. ''thanks dad. And thanks for letting me go here for the holiday, you have no idea how much it means to me!'' I hug my dad, smiling.

He hugs me back and kisses the top of my head. ''you're welcome kiddo, I know how much you miss Spencer and your friends.''

I smile as we walk out of the airport and get into a taxi.

My dad looks at me. ''you've really missed them right?''

I nod at him. ''yeah..''

''Do you like it in Italy sweetie?''

I try to avoid eye contact with my dad as I answer him. ''I'm having a great time with you, I'm glad we can spend so much time together now!''

''I know, I love that too. But that isn't what I asked, do you like it in Italy in general?''

Oh god he has realized about it. What am I gonna say now? I don't want to hurt him but I also don't wanna lie to him. Well, here comes the time of the truth.

''Well, I like the country, and our house...''

''But?...''

I sigh to myself as I look into my dad's eyes. ''Do you really want me to tell you the truth dad?''

He looks back into my eyes and nods. ''of course!''

''Okay dad, I really don't want to hurt you, but Italy didn't turn out as I expected... School is horrible. I'm having difficulties learning the language and the people in school are really mean! I don't want a senior year like this! But I also love to be with you all the time and I just..'' I can feel my eyes tear up and my dad hugs me close to him, kissing me on the top of my head.

''Oh baby, why didn't you tell me you felt this way earlier? I don't want my daughter to be unhappy! If you don't like it in Italy, you shouldn't be there honey''

I burry my face in my dad's chest as the tears slowly roll down my face. ''but, but dad, what about you? And us spending time together? And..''

I get cut off by my dad, putting a finger on my lips. ''shh, Carls. It's okay, you need to finish your school back home in Seattle, where you belong, with your friends, and with Spencer.''