chapter 17: send my love to your new lover.

Autumn '96
Yorkshire, England

we moved to a new house, it's smaller than what we had last time but i didn't exactly mind. it has been a few months since padad joined my mom and uncle reggie.

i'm doing my best not to fall down from the face of the earth, i know he's a worrywart. though i struggle each day, but tonks helped me a lot. she frequently visits our house.

"severa! should we visit a muggle shopping district?" she asked and gave me the strawberry milk.

"should we?" she nodded.

"let's go" i said after i finished my strawberry drink.

"dad, we're heading out for a bit" i said and before he could say a thing, we went out.

we went through the busy streets, she bought a lot of clothes. i bought some clothes too and a gift for maximillian. it's a bracelet, mine is the silver version of the moon and star bracelet and his is the gold version.

our anniversary is around the corner, so i thought of treating him dinner. i have money left by my mother, and i'm searching for a job as well. i got a chance to take my N.E.W.T.s and O.W.L.s. i passed the exam and i'm now in the process of applying to st. mungo's hospital for magical maladies and injuries. they didn't mail me yet.

when we got back at home, dad and max is arranging the table. after padad passed away, max stayed by my side and he decided to live with me and my dad. ricus visits us sometimes.

max hugged me and i kissed him on his cheeks.

"cawl for dinner" he said and i smiled.

we ate and tonks was fussing about how delicious dinner was. i laughed at her reactions since she also turns into some different animals.

--/

max and i went to a nearby playground.

"max... i have something for you" i said and he looked at me.

i gave him the paper bag and when he opened the box he was shocked.

"i saw that bracelet when tonks and i went to a shopping district. i have a matching one too" i showed him mine and he hugged me.

"thank you, darling. i really appreciate it... i really do" he said and i blushed for a bit.

i helped him wear the bracelet and he kissed my cheeks.

we heard a familiar melody played by a nearby house.

"swaying room as the music starts"

"can i have this dance?" he asked and extended his hand on mine.

"oui, mon amour" i said and we started to sway. the music was so serene and i enjoyed the dance we shared.

we laughed as the music stopped because a kid is watching us. we walked back home since it's getting pretty chilly.

we saw ricus in front of our door, and maximillian immediately approached him. i gave them privacy for a bit and saw that maximillian's face went emotionless.