Chapter 16

Shaking her head Freen runs a trembling hand through her hair, "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck."

"Hey. Hey. What's wrong?" Nam asks frantically as soon as she let's Freen inside the apartment they had been sharing these past few weeks.

Freen shakes her head in frustration as she makes her way into the living room.

Having no clue as to what had happened, slightly unnerved as she has never seen Freen so worried before, Nam watches silently as Freen begins pacing the floor.

"What happened to you?" Nam asks suddenly noticing the cut on Freen's forehead.

Pausing her pacing for a moment, Freen touches the cut with her fingers finding blood, "It's nothing." She heavily sighs as she sits down putting her head between her hands, "They..they took Becky."

"Who?"

Crossing her arms over her chest to try and control their shaking, Freen hugs herself, "Roscoe and his men."

Nam frowns annoyed, "Shit Freen! You know better than to involve Becky in your job. What were you thinking?"

"She was also investigating him, I was just trying to build our trust. But you're right, I shouldn't have involved her in this. It was too dangerous. I knew nothing about working as a team and I got her captured." Freen says angrily, tears threatening to fall. "And what did I do? I ran away. I should've stayed, I should've helped her."

Nam walks up to her and puts a comforting hand on her shoulder, "Then you both would be dead right now."

Freen begins to lose her patience in earnest, "They knew we were coming. We were severely outnumbered, I couldn't do anything. I ran away like a coward."

"Freen you know that's not true." Nam tries to calm down her friend.

Freen wiped her face with the back of her hand, tears threatening to spill. "I have to find her. I have to save her."

Nam feels a wave of sympathy for her friend, "You know how he works, if she was captured then Becky might as well be.."

Freen turned to look at Nam, fear radiating in her eyes, "No. Don't. She's not dead."

Blood draining from her face, Nam stares at Freen as understanding dawns on her, Becky was no longer just another job for Freen, "Freen.."

Shaking her head in denial, Freen looks stricken as she lets out a slow breath, leaning forward in the chair, "She isn't. You and me, we both know what Roscoe values the most. Information. And Becky has it. As long as she holds on to it, they won't kill her."

"Do you think she could hold on?"

Fear gripped her chest harder than she knows how to deal with, Freen struggles to breathe, she never felt like this before, like a part of her was missing. Like she was almost dying. And then realization hits her like a ton of bricks, somewhere in between her mission, the countless days they had spend together, Becky had become more than her job. She had become someone important. Someone she loved. If she was even capable of love that is.

Freen licked her lips, her brow turning serious, "I know she can. But not for long. We have to find her soon."

Nam gives her a cautious look, "How? We can't possibly tell Saint."

Freen paused sucking in a breath."No. I know someone who can help. Someone from the FBI."

Nam frowns confused, "How do you know anyone from the FBI?"

Freen's eyes darkened, determination seeping through as she stood up ready to leave, "I don't but Becky does."

___________________________________

Vote * Comment * Follow for more