Everything

They had slept incredibly well in Alastor's room, wrapped in blankets and around each other, Lucifer more or less sprawled across his chest. The demon hadn't complained once and slept soundlessly, his arms loosely holding Lucifer in return. If this was something he got to do more often, he was certain he wouldn't dread going to bed at night anymore. Before, when Lilith and him started having enough problems that she didn't sleep in their bed anymore, Lucifer had developed a rather terrible habit. Going days, weeks sometimes, without sleep just to avoid the nightmares and dreams that haunted him, his overactive mind unable to shut up for even a minute to let him rest.

   Since Alastor had fallen into his bed though and they started spending more nights in them together rather than out, that wasn't a problem anymore. He sleeps so much better curled against the Radio Demon, not even dreaming actually. He has noticed sometimes though that Alastor seems to get restless in his sleep, as if he has nightmares. He had been tempted to ask, but knowing how Alastor gets over being seen as vulnerable of all things, he doesn't. When the restlessness wakes him he just gently massages those adorable deer ears and Alastor falls right back into a soundless sleep. Helping him a little, without drawing attention to it, seemed better.

   He doesn't think he'll ever get over the purring thing. It still amazes him every single time he hears it. At the current moment, with the Ballroom finished and the setting up done, they were supposed to be getting ready for it. The Ball would run from five at night till ten, having a lifespan of five hours. Lucifer thought, especially with the fact they were filling a room with a bunch of bloodthirsty Sinners, five hours was more than enough. Charlie had agreed after some convincing.

   Alastor had pulled him back to his room to get ready, apparently having picked Lucifer's outfit out for him. He wasn't insulted at all, he was actually rather amused that the Radio Demon wanted to dress him of all things.

   "When I went out yesterday I paid a visit to my tailor. You need something less... Ringmaster themed."

   "Hey, I have a very particular style that works for me." Lucifer argued, rolling over on Alastor's bed and lying on his stomach. He propped his head up in his hand and gazed at the demon, watching him pull his closet open to apparently fetch out whatever it was he had gotten tailor made for him. "You can't tell me that I don't practically live in circus show."

   Alastor hummed but the smile on his face showed that he was at least amused by what Lucifer said. "I continued with the red and white theme you seem incredibly fond of, and had them make something more suitable for your status." A suit was pulled out on a hanger and he turned to hold it out toward Lucifer. Pushing himself up on the bed he swung himself to sit on the edge of it and took the clothes.

   It was a surprisingly nice fabric, smooth and comfortable feeling in his hand. The pants, button down shirt and jacket were white but the vest itself was a deep blood red. The buttons adorning the vest and jacket were gold with little crowns engraved onto them. The bowtie that was hanging from the jacket was a deep black, the only offset of color in whites and reds that had been chosen. It was nice, and it was very refined looking. The lack of the tailcoat in the outfit was something that was going to be strange for him, but Alastor seemed quite determined to get him as far from the "Ringmaster" look as possible.

   "What are you wearing?"

   "So glad you asked!" Alastor spun back to the wardrobe and pulled it open again, fetching out another set of clothes. He turned back around to show Lucifer... and he's actually quite surprised. Despite his clear love for the color red, the clothes he pulled out were more like a wine purple with an offset of a softer red compared to his usual. Though the tailcoat itself still kept the pinstripe look, the lines that ran down through it were gold to compliment the decorative golden chain that adorned the coat in the front. It was very elegant. "And I was hoping," he continued, draping the suit over his arm. "That you would put my hair up for me again."