IX

 𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐨𝐯

When the plane took off, my palms were all clammy and I was really beginning to doubt taking the middle seat. On my right, Aquilah was looking through her phone with her airpods in and on my right... Harry was going off his head about the history of this plane and it's crash record.

"I'm telling you mate, we have about a 40% chance of this plane crashing. But if we crash then-"

"Harry."

"Yeah?"

"Could you um- maybe, not uh-talk about plane crashes too much to me?"

"I'm so sorry Arthur mate. I didn't mean to freak you out." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and rubbed his fist against my hair, messing it up.

"It's okay, I mean, you didn't freak me out, I'm already anxious enough with flying as it is. I'm also just really socially awkward and the topic just made it a tad worse. No offense! Obviously."

"None taken. Arthur, it's completely normal."

"Okay...sorry anyways."

Harry whacked my head and I whacked him back. I turn to see what Aquilah was doing and she was leaning her head on the plane wall, I could feel myself frown almost as if it was a natural instinct and immediately wrapped an arm around her shoulders before pulling her towards my shoulder.

She tried to protest and argue with me but I stood my ground and I guess Harry had my back too. She placed her head back on my shoulder and closed her eyes, I was massaging her arm with my fingers going in circular motions. As I was about to lay my head against hers and close my own eye, trying to get some rest, I felt a flick to my free arm.

"What the heck Harry." I whispered in a hushed tone, not wanting to disturb the sleeping girl or anyone else on the plane for that fact.

"I need you to be honest with me, and I'm serious Arthur." I began sweating and could feel my hands starting to clam up, I could only give Harry a small smile and a nod before he continued.

"Do you still like Quilah?" I was genuinely shocked by the question because of two reasons;

1. I didn't really know what I felt towards her, don't get me wrong, I enjoy her company and love it when she's around. I just don't know if that's because I have been no contact with her for almost a decade and we are finally friends again, or, if it's because I have a massive crush on her.

2. How am I supposed to answer this? This is one of if not her best mate, she's known Harry her whole life. Can I really trust him with such knowledge.

So instead of trying to think of I lie, I was completely honest with Harry,