XIV

𝐚𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐡 𝐩𝐨𝐯

holy shit. I know I said that I may know the uber driver but I didn't think that I would know the uber driver,

"Katie Leach?!"

"Aquilah?" I was stood shocked, how was I supposed to react to this, it had only been almost a year since her and Harry broke up. She never really liked me but I loved her like my own sister.

"What are you doing back here? I though you were too good for the island." She remarked with a smirk on her face,

"I'm here for a shoot, and to see my parents thanks."

"Well anyways, are you Arthur Frederick?" She turned to Arthur, looked him up and down and smiled, that stupid smile

"Um-y-yes I am. Quils, you alright to go, otherwise I'll figure something else out."

"Yeah I'm fine to still go, can I hold your hand though, I'm cold."

"Sure, you can hold my hand." He wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked towards the uber, Katie quickly spoke up though.

"Oh! Um- I only have one space available in the backseat and one in the front sorry."

"Are you sure? I can see two seats in the back an-"

"The seatbelt's broken. Besides, I'm sure Arthur doesn't want to sit with you for the whole car ride don't you?"

"Um-no, no you're wrong. I'll sit with Aquilah thanks." He squeezed my hand and I instantly felt blood rush to my cheeks as I squeezed his hand back and leant into him. He helped me get into the uber and he got in after. We both did out seatbelts and I leant onto his shoulder, holding his hand still, hand arm now wrapped around my shoulder.

"So what, are you two dating?" We both looked at each other and shrugged, truth be told, I don't know where we stood, I knew we were friends but I didn't want to say that to Katie because she would do anything to take Arthur from me.

"We're taking it slow, so we're just talking." Arthur spoke up and I instantly felt at ease with that answer, but how did I know he only said it because of the situation we were in, how was I supposed to know if he truly meant that, what if he was lying, what if, what if, what if is all I thought before I felt a squeeze on my hand again.

"Are you okay?"

"Wha-yeah yeah I'm good, just a bit cold." and it was almost instantly I felt his other arm wrap around me and pull me towards him, it was almost as if I was on a beach, his body warmed me up fast and I was soon overwhelmed with his body heat. That all came to an abrupt end when the brakes were slammed on and I almost went flying had Arthur's arm not held a tight grip around my body.