S01E13: Fall Weathers Friends

Fade into one end of a horseshoes court, where the stake has been driven in. A grunt is heard from the other end, and a shoe is thrown into view to land close to the stake. Pan to Applejack and Rainbow Dash at the throwing line; the latter's actions mark her as the thrower. They are on the grounds of Sweet Apple Acres during the day.

Rainbow Dash somersaults into the air.

RAINBOW DASH: Woo-hoo!

APPLEJACK: Hoo-wee! Not a bad pitch for a pony who works with her head in the clouds.

RAINBOW DASH: Oh, yeah? Think you can do better, cowgirl?

APPLEJACK: I know I can.

A tap of Applejack's hoof flips a shoe up from the ground; catching it in her teeth, she lets fly. It lands well short of Rainbow Dash's throw.

APPLEJACK: Oh, for Pete's sake!

RAINBOW DASH: Hah! Looks like this pegasus can pitch better than the workhorse.

At the end of this, she flips Applejack's hat forward from the back to cover her eyes.

RAINBOW DASH: The object of the game is to get the closest to the stake.

Applejack settled her hat back.

APPLEJACK: All right, all right. 

Applejack flips a shoe onto Rainbow's nose.

APPLEJACK: You got another throw there, pony girl.

This one sails over the stake and offscreen, its landing point marked by a crash of glass.

APPLEJACK: Wow, Rainbow. Heh. You couldn't hit a barn door with that kind of a throw.

RAINBOW DASH: Yeah, yeah. 

Rainbow Dash kicks the last shoe to Applejack.

RAINBOW DASH: I still have the closest throw, Apple Snack. Just try and beat it.

The blond farmer gets the shoe in her teeth as the view changes to a split screen, with her on to the top half and the stake at the bottom. She blows out her breath and lets fly, the shoe's shadow tracing its path toward the goal. Cut to a full-screen close-up of her nervous face and zoom in on one eye, whose reflection shows the stake end; this becomes the actual stake, around which her throw clatters down neatly.

Applejack rears up briefly.

APPLEJACK: Yee-haa! It's a ringer! That's how we do it down here on the farm.

RAINBOW DASH (SOFTLTY; STUNNED): I lost.

APPLEJACK: Ah, don't feel bad, Rainbow. It's all in good fun.

RAINBOW DASH: I hate losing.

APPLEJACK: Besides, you're a mighty good athlete. I'm just better.

Applejack trots off chuckling, but Rainbow Dash recovers herself and flies to catch up.

RAINBOW DASH: All right, Applejack. You think you're the top athlete in all of Ponyville? 

Both stop.

APPLEJACK: Well, I was gonna say "in all of Equestria," but— 

Applejack dusts Rainbow Dash's face with her tail.

APPLEJACK: That might be gildin' the lily. 

Applejack trots off.

RAINBOW DASH: And I think I'm the top athlete. So let's prove it.