chapter 14

OUTFIT:

HAIR:

                                                        ________________________

The first light of dawn crept through the narrow window of Ophelia's dorm room, casting a soft, golden hue over the room's occupants. The Slytherin girls were still nestled under their blankets, their breathing slow and steady in the calm of early morning. Ophelia Krum stirred awake, her mind still tangled in the events of the previous evening.

She sat up slowly, stretching her arms and yawning as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. The excitement of her kiss with Oliver Wood felt like a distant dream, overshadowed by a lingering sense of uncertainty. As she glanced around the room, she saw Pansy Parkinson approaching her with a small, folded note in hand. "Ophelia," Pansy said softly, her voice tinged with an unusual seriousness. "You've got a letter. It just came in the mail."

Ophelia blinked, still half-asleep, and took the note from Pansy's outstretched hand. The envelope was plain and unremarkable, but the handwriting on the front was unmistakable. It was Oliver's. "Thanks," Ophelia murmured, her curiosity piqued as she carefully unfolded the note. Her heart sank as she read the message:

Ophelia,

I need you to leave me alone. This is over.

Oliver

The words seemed to echo in her mind, each one a painful stab to her heart. Ophelia's breath hitched, and she felt a wave of confusion and anguish wash over her. What had happened? Why was Oliver pushing her away so abruptly?

Before she could fully process the note, she noticed a few Slytherin students lingering near the entrance of the dormitory. They were whispering amongst themselves, their eyes flicking towards her with a mix of curiosity and pity. It quickly became apparent that news of the note had spread, and Ophelia's heart sank even further at the realization. "Is that from Oliver?" Pansy asked gently, her eyes filled with concern as she saw Ophelia's stricken expression. Ophelia nodded, unable to find her voice. She tried to fold the note back up, but her hands were trembling too much to manage it effectively.