I'm not going to work today~

As soon as Shen Shan finished speaking, his eyes widened. 
“Apocalypse?” 
“July 13th, 7 PM.” 
Hu You looked at Shen Shan and slowly began, “At that time, torrential rain will fall simultaneously across the globe. The rain will last for forty-nine days, and after that, the entire Jinling will become a vast ocean.” 
“Perhaps it’s not just Jinling; all the land may be submerged beneath the sea.” 
“And me? I just want to survive.” 
“…Boss, you’re drunk.” 
Shen Shan was a staunch materialist, and he obviously didn’t believe such words. 
“Maybe.” 
Hu You chuckled twice, offering no explanation, and casually pulled out item after item from his space. 
Red wine, gold, a handgun, egg tarts… 
“These, these, and these!” 
“These are all preparations I’ve made for the upcoming apocalypse!” 
“Of course…” 
Hu You looked up at Shen Shan before him, “You, too.” 
“If you think I’m crazy or don’t want to protect me anymore, you can leave now.” 
“If you’re willing to stay…” 
Hu You filled his cup with white wine, raised it, and leaned forward, “From now on, we’re brothers.” 
“As long as I have food to eat, you and Bubu will never go without!” 
Shen Shan fell silent. 
He looked at the cup before him, raised it to clink with Hu You, but instead of drinking, he seriously looked at Hu You.
“I won’t drink this cup just yet.” 
“There are still five days until July 13th. During these five days, whatever you ask me to do, I’ll help you.” 
“After five days, if the torrential rain falls, we’ll drink this cup together! If it doesn’t, I’ll still honor our contract and protect you for a year.” 
“Don’t blame me.” 
Shen Shan frowned slightly, his gaze falling outside the door, “I have to be responsible for Bubu.” 
“Alright!” 
Hu You clinked his glass with Shen Shan’s, then stored both cups in his spatial backpack, “Your word is enough for me!” 
“We’ll drink this cup after five days!” 
【Shen Shan’s favorability increased by 9 points, now at 39!】 
An increase of nine points in favorability. 
Although it’s still not high, it’s at least an improvement. 
Hu You sat back down and stored everything into his space, leaving only a handgun. 
“Brother Shen, from now on, don’t call me boss. Just call me Xiao Hu or Xiao You.” 
“This… isn’t appropriate.” 
Shen Shan frowned in refusal, “There should still be some rules.” 
“As you wish. Let’s get to business first.” 
Hu You said, pushing the handgun on the table forward, “Can you get this?” 
Shen Shan only needed one glance to confirm it was the real deal. 
If the apocalypse truly comes, these are indeed things that need to be prepared in advance. 
“I can, it just depends on how many you want.” 
How many? 
Hu You silently calculated in his mind. 
One for himself, one for Bubu, one for Shen Shan, another for the future captain and medical team for self-defense, plus four spares.
Seven guns should be enough. With one already in hand, eight would suffice. 
After all, it wouldn’t be easy to get these things, so there was no need to give Shen Shan too difficult a task. 
Hu You immediately raised his hand and showed eight fingers. 
“Understood.” 
Shen Shan nodded, seemingly already considering the ways to obtain them, “The guns are no problem, but I’ll need some funds.” 
“Funds are not an issue! Do you need cash or something else?” 
“Gold would be best, but cash will do too.” 
“That’s simple.” 
Hu You wasn’t clear on the exact value of firearms or the procedures involved, so he simply took out the gold bars he had swiped from Boss Tian. 
One hundred gold bars immediately formed a small mountain. 
To ensure there were no mistakes, he also placed a bank card on top of the gold pile. 
“There’s a billion in this card, spend it as you need. In a few days, money won’t be worth anything anyway.” 
Fortunately, Shen Shan was mentally prepared and immediately responded, “Don’t worry, boss. I’ll get the job done!” 
Knowing his boss’s spending habits, Shen Shan figured it was just eight truckloads of guns, right? 
He’d make it happen! 
“But boss, there will be quite a lot of stuff. You might need to come to the border to pick me up. I won’t be able to carry it all back alone.” 
“No problem.” 
Hu You didn’t question it, getting up and heading towards the bedroom. 
Eight guns were indeed quite a lot. 
“By the way, take the gun on the table for self-defense. Don’t get hurt.” 
“No need, boss. You might need it more.” 
Hu You shrugged, not denying it. 
He walked into the bedroom, flopped onto the bed, and fell asleep the moment his head hit the pillow. 
He was utterly exhausted! 
… 
The next day. 
Monday, July 8th, 7 AM. 
132 hours until the apocalypse begins.
Hu You was jolted awake by the preset alarm. 
He instinctively rolled out of bed, thinking about going to work, but then suddenly remembered. 
Work? 
I’m not going to work today—feels amazing, absolutely perfect! 
He blocked everyone and every group chat related to work, turned off the alarm, and went back to sleep. 
Meanwhile, there was a knock on the door. 
“Brother, are you awake?” 
That soft, sweet voice could only belong to Bubu! 
Hu You’s annoyed expression quickly turned into a doting smile as he got up and dressed immediately, “Yes, brother’s awake. What’s up, Bubu?” 
“Can you come out, please? Bubu… Bubu can’t open the door.” 
“The door?” 
Hu You was puzzled but quickly finished dressing and walked out. 
The moment he stepped out, he saw Bubu sitting in her wheelchair near the bathroom door, her adorable face flushed red. 
The bathroom doorknob was just in front of her, but Bubu couldn’t straighten up, and her arms weren’t long enough to reach and open the door! 
Without a second thought, Hu You rushed forward to help Bubu open the door, then fumbled around in a hurry. 
“Bubu, I’ll find an auntie to help you right away!” 
“No need, brother.” 
Bubu skillfully maneuvered her wheelchair into the bathroom, turned, and gave Hu You a smile, “Bubu can do it herself!” 
With that, she closed the door. 
However, Hu You noticed her pulling out a tube from behind her. 
This girl… she’s a bit too sensible! 
And… where the heck is Old Shen?! 
Fuming, Hu You turned around and saw the handgun still on the table, with a note pressed underneath. 
He grabbed the gun and picked up the note. 
【Boss, I’ve gone to get the stuff. Bubu’s in your care for the day. She’s very capable, so if you need to go out, you can leave her alone at home. Expect to hear from me tomorrow morning.】 
Damn it!
This Old Shen is really irresponsible! 
Just as Hu You was about to call him, he heard Bubu coming out of the bathroom. 
Before he could say anything, Bubu apologized first. “Can you flush the toilet for me? I… I can’t reach it.” 
“It’s no problem at all!” 
Hu You immediately went over, helped Bubu out of the bathroom, and then went in to clean up. 
Forget stockpiling other things for now. 
He had to figure out a way to heal Bubu’s legs. 
“Brother, I’m sorry…,” Bubu started, but Hu You interrupted her before she could finish. “Maybe I should find someone to take care of her full-time,” he thought to himself. If the torrential rain begins, there’s no hope for her legs. 
Crouching down, he looked at Bubu, but before he could speak, she asked, 
“Brother, do you want breakfast? Bubu can help make it for you!” 
“Do you make breakfast for yourself when you’re home alone?” Hu You asked with concern. 
“Yep! Sometimes when Dad’s not home, Bubu makes it all by herself!” 
Bubu proudly declared, “Bubu is really good at it!” 
“Mm! Bubu is amazing!” 
After praising her, Hu You asked, “Bubu, brother wants to take you to the hospital to check on your legs. Maybe they can find a way to help. Would you be willing to go with me?” 
“No need, brother.” 
Bubu shook her head, “Dad took me to see many doctors, and they all said it’s very difficult for Bubu’s legs to recover.” 
Difficult doesn’t mean impossible. 
“Bubu, would you be willing to try one more time?” 
Hu You asked immediately, “Maybe there’s still hope?” 
“…Okay!” 
Bubu nodded, “Bubu will do anything, as long as it doesn’t make Dad cry again.” 
Well, so that rough guy Old Shen does cry, huh? 
Next time, I’ll get a video of him crying—could be a bit of entertainment in the apocalypse. 
Hu You pulled out his phone and called the manager of Wanji Airlines. 
Charter a flight to Yujing.
No matter how much it costs, Bubu's legs must be healed before the apocalypse arrives! 
And while I'm at it, maybe I can stockpile a medical team too.