Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

MY CHILDHOOD BEST FRIENDS

Ah...the first day of a university student is so exciting, isn't it? Well, if you are going to go through it quietly. But not in my case, even though I got accepted into the most prestigious and famous university in Thailand, I didn't expect to be accepted with a top score on my entry exam. Moreover, I will give a speech at the freshman entrance ceremony. Why me? Oh, why?!

To be honest, I don't want to be the one giving the speech. It's not that I'm shy or anything; it's just that I don't want to draw attention to myself, not after what I've been through in the past years, especially my High school years.

''YUUUUUNNAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!''

Oh here comes. I feel someone just throws himself at me, like a big cat catching his prey. I thought I was going to die young.

''Gem, can you stop throwing yourself at her? You're not a kid anymore,''

''Huh? Alaiwa?  I miss her, tho, and it's not like she's bothered by it, Phu!''

''Gem, we just hung out together last week!''

''Still, it feels like forever!''

''You're exaggerating,''

And the two of them start bickering. Here we go again. I sighed.

These two good-looking and tall boys are my childhood best friends, Phuwin and Gemini. They're twins.

The one who throws himself at me like he wants to kill me with his weight is Gemini. He's the happy-go-lucky guy if you want me to describe his personality. He's a mood-maker and doesn't know how to restrain his strength, especially around me.

Gemini Vihokratana is the youngest twin son of a powerful household family in Thailand. Although he never brags about his family fortune, he always be himself. He never used his family's influence to gain what he wanted; he earned it himself. That's why he's now one of the respected national archery athletes in Thailand because of his dedication, talents and work hard.

I know I know, he's unbelievably handsome

I know I know, he's unbelievably handsome. I blame puberty; it's hit him like a Shinkansen. Before, he was a nerdy and chubby kid, which made me think that there was no way he and Phuwin were twins. I sounded mean right but that was my first impression of Gemini. I met him and Phuwin when I was 10, Gemini was the one approaching me since I was a shy kid back then.

His persistentness and weirdness bring out the best in me and make me feel comfortable and be myself. I also still wonder how on earth he made my two overprotective brothers let me play with him since Hia always kept their eyes on me all the time. Gemini is amazing. 😁

Even so, despite his happy-go-lucky personality, Gemini only show it to his close friends and family. Usually, he almost has the same stoic face like Phuwin. To be honest, since I knew Gemini personally, he can be clingy and protective than my older brothers.