𝟾. 𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚗𝚎

Ben slips from Y/N's grasp but is quickly retrieved, Y/N grips onto the boy with both hands this time, he finds himself laying on his stomach inside the train.

Ben smiles up at the other boy, believing his life has just been saved

Ben reaches up with his other hand to try to get a steady hold onto Y/N's, but as he does, another Pteranodon swoops by, roughly jabbing Ben in the side with its wing and knocking him back.

He's now back where he started. Dangling loosely.

Y/N moves one of his hands to grip onto the side of the train once more as he begins to slip, but it's no use.

As Y/N's grip on Ben is released, they lock eyes one more time. Y/N watches as the boy frantically attempts to grab for something, anything, as he plummets into the jungle.

Ben's petrified expression is the last thing Y/N sees before the boy disappears past the trees. If Y/N didn't already believe Ben has died, he does now, as the Pteranodons shoot down after the boy.

Out of pure shock and horror, Y/N releases his grasp on the edge of the train. He most likely would've fallen as well if it wasn't for Darius pulling him back.

Brooklyn and Kenji now stand behind Y/N and have also just witnessed Ben's final moments. The pair step back in shock as Y/N takes labored breaths.

Kenji drops to his knees, matching Y/N's posture. He stares down at the jungle below, scanning for any sign of Ben. But there's nothing.

Bumpy joins them at the edge, also searching for the boy.

Yasmina and Sammy stand back from the scene but are quickly able to observe the situation.

"He's gone... He's gone." Yasmina lets out a heartbroken sigh.

"I won't believe it!" Sammy cries, attempting to make her way over to the ledge as well.

Yasmina stops her, holding the girl in her arms as she begins to sob.

Sammy's not the only one. The other campers' eyes burn as well.

Y/N only hears the ringing in his ears as his gaze focuses on his hand. The only Ben had been desperately gripping onto what felt like seconds ago.

Bumpy nudges the boy's arm which eventually catches his attention. Y/N blinks back his tears and manages a smile as he gently pets the dino on her temple.

"We're going back." Darius mutters, causing Y/N's head to swivel towards the other boy.

"The Monorail's going back!" He cries, forcing himself onto his feet.

He's not standing for long however as the breaks of the Monorail screech during a hard turn, knocking everyone off their feet.

At this moment, Y/N spots Kenji gripping onto something familiar. Ben's fanny pack.

Y/N stares at the brown pouch in Kenji's hand before the other boy notices and carefully hands it to him.

Y/N looks down at the bag in question but doesn't say anything as Brooklyn speaks up.

"What do you mean, 'going back'!?" She shouts over the sound of the Monorail fast in motion.

"When we switched tracks, we ended up on one headed north." Darius informs as he stares out of the empty wall that was once a window.

He thinks for a moment and then hurries over to the control panel, "We're not going to the south docks, we're going away from them!"

He desperately presses buttons and flicks switches, but nothing happens.