Chapter 17: Falling

AIAH'S POV

I hurriedly marched my way to Mikha's condo, buti na lang dala ko 'yong kotse ko at hindi ako mahihirapan mag-commute.

I'm really worried about her right now, lalo na ako pa reason kung bakit siya nilagnat.

Enjoy na enjoy pa naman ako kakaaamoy ng hoodie niya kahapon.

It took me 20 minutes para makarating sa condo building niya. I parked my car and stepped out, looking around the area.

The building was sleek and modern, with a a combination of black, white and red paint.

I was about to head inside when I spotted a guard near the entrance.

"Excuse me." Tawag ko rito dahilan para mapatingin sa'kin.

The guard turned towards me, magalang naman s'yang lumapit sa'kin at ngumiti but with a hint of something I couldn't quite place.

"Good morning, Ma'am. How can I assist you?" He asked politely.

"I'm here to visit someone, sa unit ni Mikha Lim." I replied.

"Ah, Miss Lim." He said, his tone suddenly more attentive.

"Yes, she's a resident here. Sunod na lang ho kayo sa'kin, Ma'am." He gestured for me to walk with him.

As we walked towards the lobby, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was off.

The guard seemed unusually formal, almost like he was expecting me.

When we entered the lobby, I noticed the receptionist immediately looked up as if she had been waiting for someone.

"Good morning, Ma'am. Are you here to see Miss Lim?" the receptionist asked.

"Yes." I confirmed na medyo naguguluhan.

How did they all know who I was here for?

The receptionist nodded and, without even asking for my name or any identification, she reached under the counter and pulled out a keycard.

"Here's the key to her room. Miss Vergara informed us that Miss Mikha was expecting a visitor today."

"She did?" Gulat kong tanong.

"Yes, Ma'am." the receptionist said smoothly, her smile never wavering.

"If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask."

I made my way to the elevator and pressed the button for Mikha's floor.

I just shrugged my thoughts off at inisip kung anong sasabihin ko kay Mikha pag nakita ko s'ya.

Baka magulat s'ya when she sees me dahil hindi pa naman kami ganon kaclose, then here I am, barging into her condo without her knowing.

When I reached her floor, I walked down the hallway, the sound of my footsteps echoing softly against the polished floors.

Pagdating ko sa unit n'ya, I hesitated for a moment, gripping the keycard tightly.

What if she gets mad?

What if she thinks I'm overstepping?

But then, I reminded myself na kailangan ko siyang makita, to check if she's okay.

I slid the keycard and heard the soft click of the door unlocking.

I gently pushed it open and was immediately welcomed by the sight of a spacious condo with a sleek, modern design.