More Parties

As I hobbled around in my four inch heels to Deanna's house, I found everyone else actually WAS going, for an exception of my brother, and Aaron and his boyfriend, Eric.

"Hey sweet girl, Hi Riles." Carol pipes up as she kisses her niece on the cheek.

"Hey Car, what do ya got there?" I ask, pointing to the platter of deserts she had in her hands.

"My famous chocolate chip cookies." She grins.

"Crap....we had to bring food?" I face-palm myself and give a small groan.

"Well, the adults do, they assume you kids really don't know how to cook, so they make an exception for you." She laughs.

"Thank god." Raven remarks.

"You too look very nice." Carol says, looking at the both of us.

"I take full credit!!!" Raven screams.

"Like you always do..." Carol mumbles.

"She does??" I want to hear more...

"Oh please, I practically raised this girl..."
She rolls her eyes and gives a long sigh.

"Do you have embarrassing stories?" My eyes grow to the size of tennis balls and my fists ball up as if I was ready to start chanting.

"Aunt Carol...."

"This one used to run around the house naked."

"CAROL!!!!" She screeches. I laugh out loud and she punches my arm.

"We're here..." I murmur as I look up at the old slightly victorian looking house that was Deanna's.

"Yer my wing-woman, dont let me get out of your sight." I order.

"SIR YES SIR!!!" She screeches.

"Should we go in?" I ask, frilling my hands in the air as a de-stresser.

"No, lets sit out here until eleven PM at night then go home." She rolls her eyes at me and smirks.

"I hate you sometimes." I laugh.

"Well, what are we waiting for?"

She grabs my bony wrist and pulls me into the door.

I smell amazing smells, holy freaking shit they have chocolate??!!!!

I dash over (trying my hardest not to break my ankle in the heels) to the treats table and stuff my face with Carol's cookies.

Rick's slightly curly brown hair is slicked back almost romantically.

"Rick!" I half-yell and again hobble over to him.

"Riley? Oh my god, you seem sane! What happened?" He asks, astonished.

I suck at lying, I feel my cheeks heating up in guilt, then again, it wasn't my guilt.

"Oh, uh...A miracle...ye' know what I mean?" I stutter.

He wraps his slightly sweaty arms around me in a bear hug, since I loved Rick, I hugged back.

"Sooooo....since when have ye' Mister Fancy party man?" I declare.

He shrugs, as almost he hadn't heard me.

I try to put my eyes into his point of view.
He's staring dead straight at Jessie.

"Ah...I see whats going on here." I nudge him in the ribs.

"Ow!" He hisses.

"You like her..?" I ask. He ignores the comment but I see him give a small nod.