Letters

Iguro pov:

The sun had barely began to rise, its first light shining through the trees. The forest was still and quiet.
Iguro, seated at their camp's modest table, unfolded a letter with a carefully practiced ease. The envelope bore the distinct seal of the Demon Slayer Corps, and Obanai recognized it immediately. It was from Mitsuri Kanroji.

He couldn’t help but smile as he read her familiar handwriting. Her letters were a small, comforting escape from the relentless grind of their mission. The words were always filled with warmth and care, a stark contrast to the gruff and demanding nature of his daily life. As he read, he felt a soft blush creeping up his cheeks.

Iguro-san

I hope this letter finds you well. How are you doing? Have you managed to eat something decent recently? I know how easy it is to get caught up in your work and forget to take care of yourself.

I also wanted to check in and see how things are going with Giyuu. I hope you both are managing alright. It must be challenging, but I’m sure you’re handling it with your usual strength.

Please let me know how things are on your end when you have a moment. I’m thinking of you and hoping that everything is going well.

Take care and stay safe,

Kanroji

Obanai’s smile widened as he finished reading the letter. The genuine concern and affection in her words warmed him in a way he hadn’t expected. He carefully folded the letter back into its envelope, taking a moment to savor the pleasant emotions it stirred in him.
He pulled out a fresh piece of papperand began to write his response. The act of writing to Mitsuri was a comforting. His thoughts turned to the questions she had asked, and he found himself reflecting on their current situation.

Dear Kanroji

Thank you for your kind letter. I’m doing well enough, though the mission is more demanding than anticipated. I’ve been eating as well.

As for Giyuu, things are... complicated. We’ve had our fair share of disagreements, as you might expect. His demeanor often frustrates me, and his reluctance to open up about his feelings makes him difficult to understand.

I hope everything is going smoothly for you as well. Thank you for thinking of me and for your continued support. It means more than you might realize.

Please take care and stay safe.

Warm regards,

Iguro

Obanai sealed the letter with a practiced hand and set it aside to be sent later. The act of responding to Mitsuri’s letter had lifted his spirits, but he couldn’t ignore the subtle pang of jealousy he felt. Mitsuri’s genuine concern for Giyuu made him uneasy, a stark reminder of the complex emotions he was grappling with.

His thoughts drifted back to the recent days of the mission. Despite his lingering frustration with Giyuu.

The jealousy he felt regarding Mitsuri’s inquiry about Giyuu was a new and unwelcome addition to his emotional landscape. He knew that it was irrational to feel this way, but the thought of Giyuu receiving any measure of her affection stirred something inside him.

As he prepared for another day of tracking the elusive demon, Obanai tried to push his feelings aside. The mission demanded his full attention, and there was little room for personal distractions.

The day passed in a blur. The search continued, with Giyuu and Obanai working in silence.The recent improvements in their cooperation had made their efforts slightly more prodictive.

As the sun set and they settled down for the evening, Obanai found himself reflecting on the letter and his response. his feelings for Kanroji was a constant, gentle presence in his life.

Sitting by the fire, he glanced over at Giyuu, who was seated on the opposite side, lost in his own thoughts...