𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓

Dejhari walked slowly into the house as I held onto his phone. He was tired and just wanted to lay down but he knew he had to see what was going on with his son. When he looked around the living room he noticed all the gifts halfway opened on the floor as Cruddy slept on the couch. He didn't feel like dealing with anybody jokes and games.

"Hey baby!" He heard. Dejhari eyed Kataleya as she stood in the hallway leading to the kitchen. She was in a sports bra, gym shorts, and her hair was in a bonnet. She had Khalil in a carrier on her chest as she held the bottom. "How was today? I have dinner ready for you."

He didn't say anything. He just walked into the kitchen and started washing his hands. She watched as he dried his hands off before grabbing Khalil out of the carrier. He held his son close to his chest as he sniffed Khalil's hair. He started walking out the kitchen with his son as Kataleya followed closely behind him.

"Baby, did you hear me?" She asked unstrapping the carrier from her chest. She threw it on the couch before following him up the steps. She frowned at him as he made his way towards his game room. "What's wrong with you? Why are you ignoring me?"

"I'm not ignoring you. I just don't want to talk." He said before walking into his game room. He sat down and grabbing the blanket before laying it down on the couch. He laid Khalil down and started rubbing his son's stomach. "You getting big boy."

"Dejhari, why are you ignoring me? Do you want the dinner I cooked? I've been in that kitchen for hours." She whined, he kissed Khalil on the cheek causing him to stir in his sleep. "So we back on this shit?"

"Back on what?" He asked looking up at her. She stood there with her hand on her hip and a deep frown. He wasn't trying to be rude to her but he told her what the therapy would do to him. "I told you how I felt about the therapy shit. I told you what it would do to me."

She frowned. "You didn't say you would act a way towards me though. Are you starting to resent me?"

He huffed and put his head down into his hands. "No Muga, I just need a minute to myself. Please baby. I just need some quiet to think through this shit. I don't wanna talk, I don't wanna discuss anything."

"Ok," She said putting her hands up. "Fine."

"Thank you." He said leaning back in his seat watching as she made her way out the door. "I love you."

"Yeah whatever nigga! Don't call me for shit!" She said slamming the door behind her. He shook his head and looked over at Khalil who was now awoke. He could tell he was about to start crying so he scooped him up into his arms closely.

He held his son close and eyed him. He was a chubby chocolate baby with pretty slanted eyes. He knew his son would grow up looking like him and he was excited about it. "I'm doing this shit for you." He said. "And it's hard to fight the dark shit that comes from this shit but I know that it's not my fault. I'm just tryna heal from this shit Lil. For you."

Khalil kicked his feet around and waved his arms. "I love you lil boy. I swear, I do. I'll never let nobody hurt you. You mean everything to me. And trust me, I made some mistakes I'm not a perfect man but I want you to be better than me."

"He will be." Kataleya said standing at the door with her arms folded. "He's gonna be raised to be emotionally intelligent enough to express his emotions and not lock himself up in a room because he's afraid to talk about what's bothering him."