14 :: Observations and Realisations

The winter chill had settled in, making the common area where the students gathered for lunch feel extra cozy. Blankets were spread across the floor, and everyone was enjoying their lunch in a relaxed, casual manner. Shoko, Utahime, Gojo, and Geto had claimed their usual spot, creating a little corner of warmth amid the cold outside.

Gojo and Geto sat side by side. Gojo, feeling unusually content, leaned his head on Geto's shoulder, his focus entirely on the phone in his hands. His relaxed posture and the soft smile on his face suggested he was in his own little world.

Geto, initially startled by the closeness, felt his cheeks heat up as Gojo settled more comfortably against him. The sudden proximity made him hyper-aware of every touch, and he struggled to keep his composure. He tried to ignore the growing warmth in his cheeks and continued to pick at his lunch, attempting to ignore the knowing glances from Shoko and Utahime.

Shoko and Utahime, seated across from the boys, exchanged glances filled with unspoken communication. Their eyes danced with amusement as they took in the scene before them. The subtle smiles on their faces grew more pronounced, and they seemed to be having an internal conversation about the situation.

"So, Geto," Shoko started with an innocent tone, "how's your day going?"

"It's been fine," Geto replied, his voice slightly strained as he tried to sound casual. He glanced at the girls, who were clearly enjoying his discomfort.

Utahime leaned forward, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "You seem a bit red, Geto. Are you sure everything's alright?"

Geto's face turned an even deeper shade of red. He cleared his throat and shifted slightly, trying to get comfortable despite his growing embarrassment. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Gojo, noticing the shift in the conversation and the giggles coming from the girls, looked up from his phone with a raised eyebrow. "What's going on over there?"

"Oh, nothing much," Shoko said, her voice laced with playful amusement. "Just admiring how cozy you two look. It's nice to see you getting along so well."

"Cozy?" Gojo repeated, glancing at Geto. "We're just sitting here."

Utahime chuckled softly. "Sure, just sitting. But it's cute to see how close you've become. It looks like you've got a nice little routine going."

Geto shifted uncomfortably but stayed silent, his eyes darting between the teasing girls and Gojo, who seemed to be trying to keep a straight face despite his evident amusement.

Shoko's smile widened. "You know, it's great that you two are getting along so well. Sometimes it's nice to see how friendships can develop."

Geto swallowed hard and tried to focus on his food, his mind racing. The teasing from Shoko and Utahime, combined with Gojo's casual closeness, was making him feel a mix of emotions that he wasn't quite ready to unpack. He appreciated the warmth of Gojo's presence but was also trying to navigate the embarrassment of the girls' attention.

As lunch continued, Gojo, noticing Geto's discomfort, leaned closer and whispered, "Don't let them get to you. They're just having fun."

Geto managed a small, appreciative smile but didn't respond verbally. Instead, he focused on finishing his lunch while trying to ignore the teasing glances from the girls.

When lunch finally ended, the group began to clean up and prepare to head to their next classes. Shoko and Utahime's playful teasing had lightened the mood but also left Geto feeling introspective.

As they stood up and gathered their things, Gojo turned to Geto, his expression gentle. "Hey, let's not let them get under your skin. We're just hanging out, right?"

Geto nodded, still feeling a bit flustered but comforted by Gojo's reassurance. "Yeah, just hanging out."

The walk to their next class was accompanied by a mix of casual conversation and friendly banter. The teasing from Shoko and Utahime faded into the background as the day's activities took over. Yet, the warmth and connection between Gojo and Geto continued to grow, even as the girls' observations had stirred up some unexpected emotions.

As they moved through their day, the bond between Gojo and Geto remained a comforting presence, with the teasing and playful remarks from their friends adding an extra layer of familiarity and warmth to their evolving friendship.