39 :: A Breath of Calm

The end of the semester was approaching, and the pressure of final assessments was mounting. For Gojo and Geto, the stress was palpable, especially for Gojo, who had been channeling all his energy into making sure everything was perfect. The pressure was starting to take its toll on both of them.

One particularly stressful night, after hours of cramming and countless revisions, Gojo snapped. He'd been pushing himself too hard, and the smallest mistake sent him over the edge. He and Geto had a heated argument, their voices echoing through the dorm. The argument left them both exhausted and frustrated, and they decided to sleep in separate beds that night.

The next day, the tension between them was thick. They avoided each other, each absorbed in their own study sessions. Gojo was visibly on edge, his stress levels skyrocketing. He was skipping meals and overloading on caffeine, determined to make up for lost time.

During a lecture, Geto noticed Gojo's agitation growing. He was fidgeting, his eyes darting around the room as if he were on the verge of breaking down. When Gojo suddenly bolted from the classroom, Geto's heart sank. He'd seen this behavior before—Gojo was having another manic episode.

Geto's concern propelled him into action. He followed Gojo down the halls, his pace quickening as he tried to keep up with Gojo's frantic movements. He eventually found Gojo in the nearest bathroom, crouched by the sink, his knees drawn to his chest. Gojo was struggling to stay upright, his breathing ragged and his body trembling.

"Gojo!" Geto called out, his voice filled with worry as he stepped into the bathroom.

Gojo's head snapped up, his eyes wide with panic. His usually bright blue eyes were clouded with fear and desperation. He looked up at Geto, his face streaked with tears. The sight of Geto seemed to anchor him momentarily, but the panic was still overwhelming.

"Geto..." Gojo's voice was barely a whisper, choked with emotion. "I'm going to fail... I can't do this..."

Geto knelt beside him, his own heart pounding. He gently placed a hand on Gojo's trembling shoulder, trying to offer comfort. "You're going to be okay," he said softly, though his own anxiety was palpable. "Just breathe. It's going to be alright."

Gojo's grip on the edge of the sink tightened, his knuckles white. He began to cling to Geto, his desperation evident. "I can't handle this. I've messed everything up. I'm so sorry..."

Geto felt his own emotions well up as he saw Gojo's vulnerability. He knew he had to stay calm, even as his own heart ached for his partner. "It's okay. You haven't messed anything up. You're just stressed. We can get through this together."

With deliberate patience, Geto guided Gojo through deep breathing exercises. He cupped Gojo's face gently, forcing him to focus on his breathing. "Inhale slowly... hold it... and exhale."

Gojo's breaths were uneven at first, but Geto's steady presence and calm instructions helped him start to regain control. Gradually, the shaking lessened, and Gojo's grip on Geto's shirt relaxed.

As Gojo began to stabilize, Geto's hand moved to the back of his neck, offering a comforting touch. "You're doing great. Just take it one step at a time. We'll get through this together."

The bathroom was quiet except for Gojo's shallow breaths and the occasional encouraging words from Geto. After a few minutes, Gojo's breathing became more regular. He leaned heavily against Geto, the tension gradually ebbing away.

"I'm sorry for everything," Gojo murmured, his voice still strained but more composed. "I didn't mean to drag you into this."

Geto shook his head, his expression softening. "You don't need to apologize. We're a team. We face everything together. You don't have to go through this alone."

Gojo looked up at Geto, his eyes reflecting gratitude and exhaustion. "Thank you... for being here. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Geto smiled gently, brushing a strand of hair from Gojo's face. "You'll never have to find out. We're in this together, remember?"

After a few more moments of quiet support, Geto helped Gojo to his feet. He guided him out of the bathroom and back to their dorm room. They decided to take the rest of the day to relax and regroup. They sat together on the bed, a comfortable silence settling between them.

"We'll work through this," Geto said quietly, his arm around Gojo. "We've come this far, and we can handle the rest."

Gojo nodded, leaning against Geto. "Yeah. I just need to remember that it's okay to take things one step at a time."

The tension of the past few days began to ease as they spent time together, their connection providing a much-needed respite from the pressures of their assessments. They knew that the road ahead would still be challenging, but with each other's support, they felt ready to face whatever came next.