Normalcy

After the ceremony, I head to the dungeons with the rest of the Slytherin students.

I have to unpack, then figure out what my dorm is going to be like this year. As well as the emotional strain it is going to leave me with.

I walk up the stairs and open my dorm half expecting somebody to be inside, already sorting out their belongings.

Instead I peek in and don't see a single soul.

Not even a suitcase...besides my own. This means nobody has been placed into the room with me.

The first good thing about this year has left me able to exhale a breath of relief.

I close the door and head over to my suitcase, putting clothes and personal items in their newly designated spots.

Classes don't begin for two days in order for teachers and students alike to prepare for the upcoming year.

Unfortunately that leaves me with extra time with nothing to do.

I grab a book from my table and lay down on my freshly made bed.
-
-
Hours have passed and I find myself quite bored.

I've lost interest in my book and I don't have a roommate to judge.

My mind presents the fact that I am supposed to be downstairs for the party the Zabini guy has demanded I attend, but I wasn't sure if I even wanted to go.

I don't usually go to parties simply because I am often too determined by myself not to.
I have nothing against partying or socializing. I simply never felt a fear when it came to missing them.

A knock on my door sounds and I place my book on my bed, walking to the door, I wonder if that could be the roommate I believed I didn't have.

I open the door and am met with Zabini's face, a big smile growing rapidly.

"Ah, Granato! I was hoping I was told the right dorm" He continues to display his smile.

"Hello Zabini, yes.. this is my dorm.." I say awkwardly, my mind void of any other response besides 'what do you want'.

Blaise looks me up and downs as he begins to speak, "Well, I just wanted to make sure you were keeping your promise of making an appearance later," he ends with a folding of his hands, "the party starts in an hour."

I want to tell him I never made a promise but in fear of causing any problems for myself I decide on, "Yes, I will come. As long as you promise to leave me alone after this," I laugh trying to play it off as a joke because it came out more bitter than I intended for it to be.

Blaise laughs and looks behind my shoulder, "Did you not get a roommate?" He asks, surprise apparent on his features.

I too look behind my shoulder before returning my focus to him, "No...or atleast I don't believe so. Nobody has shown yet."

"Amazing," Blaise says, "hopefully it stays that way," he chuckles softly then looks at his shoes for a split second.

I agree and laugh a little, following his eyes to his shoes.

I cant help but feel this is awkward.

"Alright!" Zabini announces, breaking the tension. "You should get ready then. I'll see you down there, Ophelia."

Zabini is attempting to become more familiar by using my first name.

Zabini walks away as I bid goodbye and close my door, "See you...too..."

I attempted to say his name as-well but felt it was not my place. Not yet, atleast.

I find his efforts kind despite his only reason of invitation being to boost his house's credibility points of partying.
-
-
-