Knives

-
-
-
The next morning I make my way to breakfast alongside Pansy.

I found her heading in the same direction I was as I left my room and she invited me to join her for the walk.

"How did you sleep?" Pansy asks with a still-sleepy smile on her face.

"Oddly well," I respond as my hands fix my bangs from their slightly shifted position.

"Oddly?" Pansy asks while reaching up and flattening a piece of my hair I couldn't find, "Have you not been sleeping well?"

Oddly, because Draco kissing me didn't stress me out of my wits. It didn't scare me or confuse me, but seemingly soothed me into hibernation.  Such an off experience had occurred but no bad had seemed to come of it.

"No- I just slept very well. Maybe the best sleep I've had in my life," a yawn catches the end of my sentence and I slightly laugh, "sounds as though I could use some more."

Pansy smiles and yawns empathetically, "tell me about it."

We continue small talk as we make our way to breakfast. Over our chatter my heart pulses with every step closer.

I assume the late nerves from last night events are finally arriving and the anticipation of seeing Draco roots itself into my body.

Approaching the table, Pansy rests onto the seat beside Theodore as Daphne is sandwiched on the other side of it, between Americus and Judas. I sit beside Pansy.

I don't wear glasses but I think my vision might be incorrect as I notice Judas brush the side of Daphne's face and her lips lift in a slight smile.

Pansy seems to notice this too as her hand reaching for bacon drops on the table along with her mouth, her eyes staring in shock at Daphne.

The sight of her expression is so silly I almost laugh.

"What?" Daphne asks in defense as her friend shames her with her eyes.

Judas blankly stares at Pansy with the same confusion and reaches for the bacon.

Pansy slaps his hand away from the plate, "You two must think I'm stupid."

Daphne looks at Judas and back at Pansy, "There's nothing going on- if that's what you're insinuating."

Pansy simply picks up a piece of bacon and continues staring at the pair, "right" is all she replies questionably.

Daphne and Judas don't continue the conversation any further and continue picking at the breakfast food. Making sure their elbows touch as little as possible.

Americus looks over at me while I stare around the table and almost laughs while shaking his head. Obviously referring to the Daphne-Judas situation.

I grin back and reach for a crepe.

Blaise plops down beside me as the crepe hits my plate. "Hello, what did I miss?" He rubs his hands together

"I was wondering the same thing ," Pansy raises her eyebrows at Daphne.

Dracos comes around the table and sits next to Judas, in front of me. We make eye contact for a split second before his eyes shift behind me at the other tables, and I look to my right at the others.

He appears calmer than I do. Or maybe it's the heat on the back of my neck whispering these assumptions.

The others continue to talk but their chatter is dimmed as I look back at Draco and observe him.