Chapter 10

Declan's POV

Arielle lived up in South Carolina so they were staying at Daniel's parents house but they were currently at mine. This was the second day they were here. I saw Jeremy open the door using his key. He had a black eye.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"I fought your girlfriend's bestfriend's sister," he said, sitting down on the couch. I looked at him. Arielle and Daniel looked up from where they were playing with Cambridge and Carrington on the floor.

"Why?" I said. Jeremy shrugged.

"She called me a girl," he said. We all looked at him.

"So why did you fight her?!" Arielle asked. Jeremy looked at her.

"I did it because they were cheering me on. I also sorta hit her in the head with a vase," he said. We all looked at him.

"This has to be the craziest thing you've ever done, Jere," Arielle said.

"Did you win?" Daniel asked. Arielle gave him the stink eye.

"What?! It's a question!" he said. Jeremy looked at him triumphantly.

"I won," he said. Arielle looked over it.

"That seems like an unfair fight. A girl against a boy is unfair," Arielle said.

"True but I almost didn't win," Jeremy pointed out. We stopped talking about it eventually.

Carrington and Cambridge were eating some chips I got for them. Daniel and Arielle had left for some 'important business' but they were probably just going to sleep with each other. Ew. I don't want to think about that. Jeremy had left because he had to watch Bridgerton because he was behind. I was left alone with four year olds. I turned on Hamilton. I loved Hamilton. It was my lifeline for some reason. I got an idea to call Nicole. After one ring she picked up.

"Hey, Declan!" she said, really cheery. I smiled at hearing that. How could one girl rock my world so much? I had never been happier with anyone. I had been happy with Reyna but not as happy as I was with Nicole.

"Hey, I'm in charge of my nieces tonight. Do you want to come over?" I asked. I heard what sounded like a squeal.

"Of course, I've been dying to see them!" she said and I heard noises that sounded like her getting ready.

"Were you trying to sleep?" I asked. She breathed out.

"No, I was just in something comfy," she said. It sounded like a lie. I didn't mind it. I trusted her now. She hadn't given me one single reason not to.

"You could just come in that," I said. I wanted her to feel comfortable. I mean she already told me she loved me.

"Okay, fine" she said.

"I'll see you soon," I said. I smiled. I imagined she was smiling on the other side of the line.

"Yeah, I love you," she said.

"I love you too," I said before hanging up. I turned to the twins.

"Guess who's coming!" I said very happily. The put a smile on their face and gave their best guess.

"SANTA!" They both said. I laughed, shaking my head.

"No, he only comes on Christmas. Guess again!" The looked at eachother, thinking.

"The Easter Bunny!" They said, giggling.

"Nope, guess again!" I said. They looked at me sadly.

"We don't know!" Cambridge said. Carrington nodded.