Chapter 13

Nicole's POV

I knocked on the door to Jeremy's apartment. The door with the number 213 opened revealing Jeremy who looked terrible. He was wearing his prized sweatshirt and some jeans. As he stepped out I noticed he had a sort of limp.

"Jere, what happened to you?" I asked, in surprise and concern. He looked at me. He had dark circles under his eyes and he looked sort of half dead.

"It's called having Dustin as your boyfriend. He violated my asshole last night," Jeremy said, huffing as he walked to the stairs.

"Are you sure you don't need a wheelchair?" I said, giggling a little. He shot me a look.

"Don't you dare laugh. You try to take a dick in your ass then you can talk to me," he said. He was still limping and I was sort of genuinely concerned for him but it was also funny.

"I'm not laughing. But do you want to just stay in?" I asked him. He looked at me and relief washed over his face.

"Oh my God yes. I can't walk the stairs," he said, turning around. We got back to his apartment and he used his key to get in. We sat on his couch and we ended up watching Bridgerton. Jeremy was barely even there. He kept almost drifting off to sleep. He was really struggling.

"Do you need a nap?" I asked him. He slowly shook his head.

"Nope, if I do that it'll mess up my sleep schedule," he remarked. He cried out as he saw something happen on the television.

"Ah! Colin quit being a baby and get off the couch!" he exclaimed throwing his hands up. He even got up off the couch he was so repulsed. I looked at him.

"You seem really into it," I commented. He looked at me with the biggest smile on his face.

"This is my comfort show, lady! I have rewatched it so many times that it's in every recommended row," he said. Okay, that was a little excessive but that was me and Love Island. Maybe I could rope Jeremy into it.

"Well, I have a show recommendation," I said, slyly. He perked an eyebrow up.

"Really?" he asked. I nodded. He sat back down.

"Play it," he said. Wow. I don't think I've ever seen a guy give his remote over so easy. Usually it's a fist fight to just power the television on. I turned on Love Island and watched as Jeremy sank into the couch, invested. He actually started to drool when the blonde southern girl was on the screen.

"Dude, calm down. You have a boyfriend," I said. Jeremy looked at me, wiping the drool.

"I'm not drooling over her, I'm drooling over her hair. It's so shiny," he said, grabbing the mop of hair on his head. I patted his back. Poor Jeremy had been through a lot. His brother dying, him and the Dock Incident, and now his hair wasn't as shiny as a girl's he didn't even know. There was a knock at the door and Jeremy got up to answer. At the door was some kid wearing a backwards Atlanta Falcons hat and a Lakers jersey. He was the epitome of sports fans. He even had a basketball. He had a backpack on and he looked like he was about to cry. Jeremy let him in. I had no idea what was happening but they seemed to know eachother so I just let it happen.

"Hey little dude, your parents going at it again?" Jeremy asked, sitting down on the couch. The kid sat between us. The kid nodded. He had to be at the oldest, ten. I felt sympathetic for this kid.

"Yeah, they won't stop fighting," he said, his voice wavering as he tried to not cry. Jeremy rubbed his back a little and the kid's eyes cleared up. The kid looked at me.

"Who's this? Your girlfriend?" The kid sneered. I raised my eyebrows up, ready for whatever Jeremy was going to answer with. Jeremy chuckled a little and shook his head.