Chapter 19

Nicole's POV

It was another slow day at Tikki Kingdom. I don't think it could get slower than this. Maeve was at the bar and was dying inside. I was dying inside. Everyone was dying inside. I had taken the morning shift so it was 8:00 am and not really anyone came until lunch time. Ace came over to me and sat down on a table I had just cleaned.

"Hey, I just cleaned that, don't get your dirty butt all over it," I complained. Ace chuckled and shook his head.

"Well, I heard about the whole breakup from Maeve," he said. I sort of stopped what I was doing.

"Oh, yeah. It sucks," I said, trying to play it down. Ace looked at me with suspicousness.

"She said it would be a sore spot but you don't seem that sore," he said. I groaned.

"I am very much sore! I was just down playing it," I admitted. He looked at me pityful and reached out to rub my arm.

"Tough luck, just so you know Matthew's apparently putting together some giveaway. Maybe you should enter," he said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Why would I enter a giveaway? I don't need anything?" I asked, stating it like it was very obvious. He stopped rubbing my arm and his pityful look intensified.

"It's for some dating game show, I think it's called Love Island," he said, trying to recall information. My whole being perked up. Love Island? I needed to enter that giveaway.

"What do you get out of it?" I said. Ace shrugged which made me mad then he did his little remembering pose.

"Oh! Just something like getting to meet the cast of the new season," he said. I gasped and started running towards Matthew's office.

"Nicole! Where are you going?" Ace called after me. I didn't answer and opened the door to his office. I ran straight into Matthew's office. I heard some interesting noises coming from his computer and I cleared my throat. Matthew jumped and sighed when he saw it was me.

"Oh, Nicole! I was just watching 365 Days. I sort of gotten to one of the interesting parts of the movie," he said, clearing out the elephant in the room. I nodded. I then went down to business.

"I need to enter the giveaway card thingy," I said. Matthew jumped again meaning I must've yelled or shouted it instead of saying it at normal volume.

"Calm down, and sure. I'm putting the form out tommorrow," he said, hitting a button on his computer resuming the movie. I backed out slowly and closed his door. I walked over to Maeve and tapped on her shoulder.

"Guess what?" I asked her. She shrugged.

"What? Did you talk to Declan?" she said, completely bored. That made me remember Declan and how guilty I was feeling. I pushed it down deep into myself.

"No, but Matthew's watching 365 Days right now and he's on one of the interesting parts," I said, making her smile with glee.

"Wow, I always knew he had some sort of obession with something," she said, cleaning a cup. I smiled. How could I be smiling when Declan probably couldn't even feel a sliver of happiness. Why was I like this? I felt like crying and the guilt and sadness resurfaced. Maeve was busy talking and i had totally zoned her out. I getting myself lost in a daydream. I wondered if Declan was doing the same thing but his was probably traced with anger and sadness while mine were all guilt and regret.

I woke up wearing Declan's shirt. I also noticed I was wearing underwear on underneath so I was safe in case of anymore surprise visits from his mom who just seems to barge in at anytime. I walked out of his room and sat down on the couch. He was making pancakes and was doing all these fancy flips with them. I was extremely jealous of it.