Chapter 2

Declan's POV

I took my black coffee from Nicole's hands and watched as she walked away. I don't know what took over me but I wanted to chase after. Tell her that she was stunning and marvelous. I liked using big words to describe stuff as it gave more meaning to things. I was awestruck by her even though I knew absolutely nothing about her. My phone started ringing and I looked at the screen. It was my best friend Jeremy calling. I picked up and was greeted by a grunt.

"Yo, dude come pick me up before this girl wakes up. I sorta trashed her kitchen," he said, sleepily. Jeremy had a reputation of sleeping around and he was determined to keep it that way. I never really got that hype but whatever.

"Sure, hold on man," I said, going to my little car that I could barely afford. Photography doesnt pay well unless your in a big name company. I had my own little business called Petals Falling Photgraphy named after my first pet which was a rabbit named Petal. I got into my car, revved the engine, then turned onto the street. Jeremy texted me this girl's address. As I drove there, I saw this restaurant called Tikki Kingdom. It had a bunch of Hawaiian stuff put on the outside. I might have to stop there later for food. I pulled into the driveway where Jeremy was standing. His brown hair was messed up and he didn't have a shirt on just a pair of sweats on. I looked at him.

"She took my goddamn shirt to sleep in so I can't really take it back without waking her," he explained. I rolled my eyes.

"Tough luck. Now do you want to go anywhere special or are you actually going to do your job?" I asked. He was the finance guy for Petals Falling, which we ran together. He made sure that we could pay the bills by getting gigs for us and managing the finances.

"I'll do my job if we can stop at my apartment so I can change," he said, settling in to the seat and putting his seatbelt on. I backed up and drove away from the mystery girl's house.

As Jeremy was showering, I was looking through his closet. I saw his red Atlanta Falcons sweatshirt which he only had ever let me borrow once and that was becuase I was freezing to the point of almost being hyperthermic. He came out wearing some jeans and a grey t-shirt.

"Let's go and I can use my motorcycle so go on ahead of me," he said. I eyed him but said nothing and left. Usually knowing him, he was stalling so he could not do his job. I got in my car and drove to the studio. I went in and saw a lady talking to Willow, who was our desk lady. Willow was a broke college student who just wanted some money and liked photography. It was also her major. She hoped she one day could be a photographer and be a part of this company. I went over to see what they were talking about.

"Hey, Willow what's up?" I asked. Willow looked at me and her face lit up.

"Mrs. Granger here wanted to know if you could come by on August 12th to do school photos for a middle school. And maybe come back for like their yearbook shots on May 15th," she said. I turned to Mrs. Granger.

"Sure, what time?"

"Thank you! Our old photographer folded and the other places were busy on both of those days. You are a life saver, Mr-" she said.

"Alvarez."

"Mr. Alvarez, thank you again," she said, leaving the building smiling. I turned to Willow.

"I gave her your Venmo," Willow said. Two rings went through. Willow peered onto the computer screen. Mrs. Granger had Venmoed for both days. I smiled.

"Payday," Jeremy said coming through the door. The Venmo was owned by him but called Petals Falling Photography.

"Look who finally decided to show after three days," Willow grumbled.

"Hey don't attack me, Miss Oversleep," Jeremy said. Willow squinted her eyes and mocked him.