The Doctor At Home

Heeseung Lee
Height: 6'
Weight: 138 lbs
Age: 22 years old
Birthday: October 15th, 2001
Ethnicity: Korean
Nationality: Korean
Physical description: Black almond eyes, black hair, slim body type, small tattoo of a black snake on his right bicep
Occupation: Ride share driver, exotic dancer

Hyuka downed a piece of pizza after reading the file again. "Huh. Nice to know he got some kind of jobs after prison."

"So you do know him."

"I was there when he was arrested. My training officer caught him red handed selling shrooms on the street. He only got jail time because he threw a garbage can at him while he ran."

"Are you in danger?"

"I don't think so. I was a rookie so I was mostly doing paperwork and hanging out in the squad cars. I'd be surprised if he remembered me."

Taehyun grabbed his third slice of pizza. His stomach told him to stop eating but his mind didn't listen. "It's the only thing we've got so we'll keep him in mind for now. God damn this is fucking addicting."

"Easy." Hyuka closed the pizza box before the older could eat any more. "You know you can just stay here if you want right?"

"I know. I thought I'd be polite and at least give them a week. They were kind enough to offer to host when they didn't have to."

"Fair enough."

"So you like Soobin huh?"

"Don't start."

"I'm just confused as to how."

Hyuka put the pizza box in the fridge then stood there with the door open. Even he couldn't rationalize it. "I don't know."

"When did it start?"

"He took me to lunch." Hyuka shut the door. Talking about this was one of the last things he wanted to do. "I don't know. Maybe I only like him because I feel bad for him."

"Yeah maybe. Just remember that you're probably never going to see him again once this is over. You will see Yeonjun though!"

"Right. Yeonjun..." Hyuka's phone started vibrating in his pocket. Soobin was calling him. He decided to answer it while putting it on speaker. "Hey. Are you alright?"

Taehyun was excited to hear the new love interest speak.

"I'm fine. What am I saying? I'm not fine. My dad is going bat shit crazy. He's talking about moving me into their house and locking me in the basement! And my mom! My mom has been harassing the Chief of police for the last hour!"

Taehyun personally couldn't wait to hear about that when he visited the station tomorrow.

Hyuka was confused as to why he was being told this. "I'm sorry?"

"I'm not allowed to go home or the office. They're setting me up in a hotel."

"A hotel?"

"Beomgyu will give you the address at the office tomorrow. Can I meet up with you somewhere?"

Taehyun mouthed "what the fuck?"

Hyuka shrugged. He had no idea what was going on either. "I kind of have company over..."

"Oh. I'm so sorry to bother you."

"It's fine. I'll see if I can meet you somewhere later." Hyuka hated the judgemental look his best friend was giving him.

"You don't have to. Like you said, I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow." Hyuka let the blonde hang up. Taehyun was still silently judging him. "What?"

"He's your boss."

"I know, I know."

"I'm just looking out for you."

"I know..."

Taehyun noticed this wasn't just a crush. This was serious. Hyuka wanted to go. That was clear from the way he couldn't stop staring at his phone. "Sincerely, do you think he's using you?"

"No..."

"I won't ever tell you what to do but I seriously advise not getting into a relationship with him. The goodbye will be hard. You could also be kidnapped as leverage. The person trying to kill him is serious about it. But..." Taehyun noticed Hyuka still staring at his phone. The younger already made up his mind. It was only a matter of time until he acted on it.

"But?"

"But I also know that no matter what you do, it'll always be the right thing in the moment. I'll back you up like I've always done."

"I'm not going to date him. I just want to make sure he's okay."

"You're a good assistant."

Hyuka caved. He quickly texted "I can meet you in an hour. Send me an address."

"Empire State building. I'll meet you there!"

Taehyun curiously asked "what did he say?"

"I'm meeting him in an hour."

"So I got the place to myself in an hour? Sweet."

"Do you want an extra blanket and a pillow? I think I have some on my bed." Hyuka grabbed it anyways then tossed them on the couch. Being roommates with Taehyun was some of the best times of his life. Reliving it sounded like fun.

"Thanks. It's going to be weird to sleep in a quiet household."

"I wouldn't call it quiet. New York City is still pretty loud at night."

"Anything but a screaming baby or four little kids will be quiet to me."

"You know you can ask me to babysit anytime right?"

Taehyun thought of a date alone with his wife. Flashbacks of the last one ended in a second baby on the way. "You think you can handle a baby and a toddler?"

"I'd love to."

"Yeonjun wants kids too you know."

"How much did you guys discuss about us dating again?"

"I didn't! Lia did!"

"And?!"

"She thinks you guys would be perfect together. I don't know what else to tell you."

Hyuka smirked. Yeonjun was very attractive. "I'm still convinced there's something wrong with him."

"I can give you his number so you can see for yourself!"

Hyuka thought about it. In his heart, he didn't want Yeonjun. It wouldn't have been fair to him when all he could think about was Soobin. "No thanks."

"Alright. Let me know if you change your mind. Want to call Eli before you go?"

"Yes!" Hyuka couldn't stop smiling the entire video call. Even Lia talking about Yeonjun didn't bring his mood down. It was as close as he could get to hanging out with his friends. The other interns hated him for the favoritism. He couldn't contact anyone else while undercover either.

After their call ended, he realized why he fell for Soobin so quickly. They were both lonely people who wanted to be loved. He had to ask himself if he really wanted Soobin or if he just didn't want to be alone.