MAKING OF POISON DUOLOGY

Hi, Lights! I just want to share some fun facts to you about POISON DUOLOGY!

Just sharing my journey because writing this was indeed a fun experience, pero masakit sa ulo. So here, you'll find the story of making the Poison Duology.

***

PLOT

The whole plot of Poison Duology was came from my unconscious mind. But TGWDIA & TGWSIA was came in a different dream.

I dream the plot of The Guy Who'd Seen It All, around August 2022. But it was so confusing pa that's why hindi ko kaagad sinulat. But after I dream The Girl Who Did It All on February 07, 2023, doon ko na napagtagpi-tagpi yung buong plot.

This is the reason bakit ang gulo ng plot ng buong Duology. Patawarin.

TITLE

My first choice was, "Running in circles." Because it is a loop. But my friend said it was too obvious and not creative enough.

Then I am a fan of Porter Robinson, that's why when they released the song "Everything goes on", naisip ko na what if 'yon na lang yung 'yong title? But again, hindi parin siya patok sa vibe kasi the whole Duology is Mystery and Thrilling.

Nauwi ako sa title na, "The Girl Who Did It All." because I saw a sentence saying, "She did it all." Then I was like: (⁠╬⁠☉⁠д⁠⊙⁠)⁠⊰⁠⊹ฺ!!

That's when The Girl Who Did It All title was born.

But how about The Guy Who'd Seen It All?

TGWSIA was supposed to be entitled, "See You Next Thursday." Because I'd like to emphasize the concept of them meeting every Thursday.

Here's my first draft where it has the title of, "See you next Thursday".

But why did I change it?

Well, I want them to be connected. They're different, but same concept. Bale twin talaga sila, kaya nga Duology eh.

Pero super last minute ko na rin binago 'yong title. But thankfully, I didn't uploaded it with, "See you next Thursday." title. Medyo indecisive pa naman ako.

WHY THURSDAY?

I don't want to make it a common day of the week. Unlike Sundays and Mondays. But one of the reasons why I choose Thursday is because of Thursday on "What Happened to Monday?" na movie. Bias ko si Thursday do'n hehe.

Then naalala ko na palagi akong cleaners tuwing Thursday noong elementary ako kaya medyo malaki impact sa akin ng Thursdays ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ

NAMES

Because it was came from a dream, kasama na ro'n yung names nila Hailey, Shawn, Kate, and David. But I believe na kaya ko napanaginipan yung "Hailey" na name dahil sa drama issues nila Hailey Bieber and Selena Gomez no'ng 2023.

And ang mas maangas pa, recently ko lang nalaman na nag date pala si Hailey Bieber and Shawn Mendes before! Leik huh?!

But that's just a coincidence. As in promise. Mamatay man kuko ko sa paa.

FULGERIO

I said, everything on the plot was came from my unconscious mind. Well except for this one.

The Fulgerio surname was just a made-up surname and so as the Villamente. I got the idea of Fulgerio on the surname of Fulgencio. Naging creative lang talaga ako sa pag-rurumble ng letters sa alphabet.

But if you know someone, or you're that someone na kapareho ng surname ni Hailey, let me know! I want to know youuu!

MARGALLO FULGERIO

Technically, apat lang dapat silang magpipinsan. And wala ro'n si Margo. But as I revised the story over and over again, naliliitan ako sa number ng family members nila. That's why I added Margo as David's little sister. And I'm glad I did because Margo's character is one of my favorite character in the whole Duology.

HAILEY'S NICKNAME

The nickname, "Lhei" was actually came from my ate Lhei! She is my Senior in college when I'm writing the first book. And super lalabs ko talaga siya na umabot sa punto na gusto ko maging part siya ng kuwento ni Hailey.

Also, Hailey's characteristics was base on her. I'm not saying that she is a real Psychopath WHAHAHAHA! it's just that they're both classy and brainy.

ALMOST BECAME A ONE NOVEL

When I'm writing The Girl Who Did It All, I wasn't planning on giving it a sequel. And actually, it was supposed to be a short story with only five chapters.

Kaso ayon, malikot talaga ang utak kaya humaba.

POISON

Wala talaga akong name sa Duology na 'to not until napanood ko yung "Hazbin Hotel." And kinanta ni Angel Dust yung "Poison." Mga isang linggo na naka loop yung kanta na 'yon sa phone ko. Kaya ayon, tinawag ko na "Poison Duology." Because of the context na toxic yung ugat ng kuwento nila.

MY FIRST MYSTERY/THRILLER/SCI-FI STORY

I am a hopeless romantic person since birth. So, pabebe at pacute na story lang talag sinusulat ko. Mahilig ako magbasa ng Mystery/ Thriller but never talaga sumagi sa isip na magsusulat ako ng isa. Pero ito ako, nakatapos na ng DALAWA.

But I would say na sobrang challenging niya. As in! But it was indeed a fun experience na rin. And super happy ako na itong story na 'to 'yong pinaglaanan ko ng braincells para sa ganitong klase ng genre.

Ayon lang Lights! Mwah mwah! ♡⁠(⁠˃͈⁠ ⁠દ⁠ ⁠˂͈⁠ ⁠༶⁠ ⁠)

ALL GLORY TO GOD—