They Came Back

Days had passed since Madeleine forgave Billy.

He had kept his promise for the time being and didn't lay a hand on her that wouldn't potentially hurt Madeleine.

However, it had also been days since Madeleine had seen her father and sister.

It was worrying to her, maybe that had just ran away just like Madeleine had did to them once before.

She told Billy, Madeleine thought that if she told him she would learn to trust him. Obviously she left out the part about El. She only mentioned not seeing her father.

Billy told her not to worry and he probably was caught up with his work and just forgot to tell Madeleine. Madeleine knew he was only saying that to calm her down and agreed with him trying to forget.

Maybe Billy was right. Hopper and El would come home soon.

Billy had told Madeleine he'd take her out, he had taken a liking to Madeleine. He thought it was because she had learnt to trust him again so quickly after Halloween.

BILLYS POV

I was getting ready for a date I told Madeleine I'd take her on. She told me not long ago about not seeing her father in a while.

I felt guilty. Almost like it was my fault. I wanted to help her more than anything, but I didn't know what else to do apart from try and take her mind away from it.

So, maybe a date would help. A first date, maybe it could lead to something big with Madeleine and I. I mean, I do like her. Not a lot since I don't know much about her.

She's just something different. I've never met a girl like Madeleine Hopper before. I loved it, I loved how I saw myself in her.

I stared at myself in my mirror cigarette in my mouth until someone knocked at my door.

"Billy?" Susan called for me.

"Yeah I'm a little bit busy in here Susan." I replied hoping she would go away.

"Open the door. Right now!" my father called out.

I put the cigarette out opening the door.

"What's wrong?" I asked my father.

"Why don't you tell us." my father questioned in a serious tone.

"We can't find Maxine and her windows open." Susan said worriedly.

"Where is she?" my father asked again.

"I don't know."

"You don't know?" my father scoffed.

"Look I don't know I'm sure she... I don't know went to the arcade or something." I walked over to my closet getting my jacket. "I'm sure she's fine.".

"You were supposed to be watching her." he said still in his serious tone.

"I know dad I was, well since you guys were 3 hours late and well... I have a date.".

"So you've been staring at yourself like some faggot instead of watching your sister." his arms were now folded coming closer to me.

"Look I have been looking after her all week, dad! Okay she wants to run off that's her problem, alright?" I said annoyed that he blamed me for Maxine running away. "She's 13 years old she shouldn't need a full time babysitter. And she's not my sister!" I said turning off my radio.