Eleven.

Remember the first night in Miami? The first time you put your arms around me. I'm up reminiscing.  
Could've Been, H.E.R & Bryson Tiller.

SIMONE ASHANTI "NINA" BANKS.
Chicago O'Hare International Airport, IL.
NOVEMBER 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

The biting late fall air nipped at Nina's ears as she pulled her beanie down, dragging her suitcase down her front steps

The biting late fall air nipped at Nina's ears as she pulled her beanie down, dragging her suitcase down her front steps. "Girl, give me that damn suitcase." Her uncle, Banks spoke as he manhandled it. "Thank youuuu, that shit was heavy." She dragged as her smile gleamed.

"No shit, what you got in here? A body?" He asked as he hiked the suitcase up on his shoulder.

Nina smirked as she side eyed him, "If I said yes, would you help me hide it?" She said, being sarcastic obviously.

"Fuck no, I love you niecey but Ian' goin' back to jail!" He said as he threw the case in the trunk as her cousin came down the steps with her bags.

"Hurry up Toni, we still gotta drive out to the airport, girl." Nina said as she leaned against car, combing her fingers through her freshly installed 613 bundles.

"Girl, you can't rush greatness.." She trailed off as she helped pack the bags in the car as Nina just shook her head.

Toni was Zaire's sister, same mother and father. This made her Nina's first cousin. The pair had always been tight but faded a bit after her brothers passing, but they'd reconciled and never looked back since.

The girls were packing up their car to make the airport so they could catch their flight to Cancun. Symir had decided he wanted to get away from Chicago for a while, and what better time than his birthday.

They'd be in Cancun for five days, living in a luxurious villa that Symir and Saint had went half on. Nina was more than ecstatic to be going on vacation, especially out the country.

"Ok, Thank You daddy, I'll call you when we touch down." Toni said as she kissed Banks's cheek. Simone sending a large smile his way before they got in and sped off into the streets.

Kehlani's, Bad News played lowly in the background as a comfortable silence fell between the girls. Toni broke the silence, turning to her cousin before speaking. "So, who all gon' be there at this lil' vacation?" She asked.

"You, me, Scoom, Q50, Maya, and probably Jeffery.." Simone said, scoffing at his name. She couldn't say she didn't miss him, or his presence because she definitely did. But she also didn't miss the feeling she had in her chest seeing the other girls post him.

"Have yall even talked, girl? Cause It's gon' be awkward as hell." Toni said, biting her finger in anticipation. "I mean... I seen him at the Gas Station and gave him a piece of my mind but," Nina shrugged as she drove, not really worried about him.