Part 5

y/n's POV

"Please let me go."

"I heard a rumor that you couldn't get out of bed." Allison says and I struggle to try and get out.

"Cool, but annoying."

I spent the next hour worrying and waiting. What kind of situation could they be in? Where were they? At some point, Allison gets fed up with my worrying and rumors me to sleep.

---------------

Five's P0V

I woke up in a strange room with a wicked hangover. Then I was forced to recount my trauma to my brother, and then I got yelled at by my other brother and then I found out my girl got shot.

It was a god call for them to leave that out until the end because I immediately spatial-jumped into the Academy to find her, sound asleep.

"y/n?" I gently rub her shoulder to wake her but she doesn't even stir. After even more panic and ensuring she was alive, I turn to find Allison watching me from the doorway.

"I am assuming Malificent didn't cast a sleeping curse, so can you wake her up."

"Why don't you just do the whole 'True Love's Kiss' thing?" She says sarcastically and I give her a look.

"Why did you rumor her anyway?"

"Ask her that. I heard a rumor that you woke up.

Y/n stirred a bit before opening her eyes, I have to say I was a bit relieved.

"Five?"

"I'm right here." I took a knee beside her bed, smiling apologetically. This was all my fault. She got hurt because of me.

"Thank God." She said and wrapped her arms around me. Over her shoulder, Allison gave me a wink and closed the door.

"You were worried." I said smugly.

"Yeah... I mean, who's gonna stop the apocalypse if you die?" She obviously thinks on her feet.

"You sure that's it, love?"

"I am not your love, and yes that was it." Her words become more stern but I have to bite back a laugh.

"Are you ever going to let me flirt with you?" I asked again, and she stared at me intently.

"If I let you, would you stop?"

I go silent for a moment at the confession, and I watch a flash of hurt cross her face. I finally snap back to my senses and lace my fingers through her hair, pulling her into a kiss.

She pushes away for a moment, analyzing the look in my eyes and I fear I mis-stepped, but she seems to decide she likes what she sees as she pulls me back in for more.

I carefully move so I am sitting on the edge of her bed, our lips still connected and I feel like a I was a man starved before tasting her lips. I know I have spent a lot of time at the apocalypse, but in this moment was the first time I knew that my world  had ended, and everything I knew was about to change as I fell for this girl.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door pulling me from my lucid state.

"Y/n... of course you are here." Diego eyes me like the thing on the bottom of his combat boots, but at this moment I could not care less.

"I'll see you later," I say to y/n. While walking out Diego shoulder-checks me.

"Excuse you." I say

"You wanna go right now, little man?" Frankly I thought I could take on the whole commission alone right now.