Chapter 9.

Aaron and Ari had walked to rehearsals together that day. They were finally meeting the rest of the cast and Ari couldn't be more excited. She brought her guitar with her, planning to write some more songs during the rehearsal.

"Morning, guys!" Tom Hooper announced, walking into the rehearsal room at the same time as Aaron and Ari, "I'll let you guys talk and get to know each other for a moment whilst I set up."

Tom went to say all his stuff up and Samantha was immediately by Ari and Aaron's side, "I just saw Hugh Jackman."

"What?!?" Ari became so excited, "Oh my god, I have to show him my picture of us together."

Today they were rehearsing a few of the barricade scenes, but also some of the big songs.

Ari then saw Hugh Jackman coming towards her, "Is he choosing to walk towards us?" She asked in disbelief.

"Hi, I'm Hugh, nice to meet you." He greeted the girl.

"I'm Ari, it's so nice to meet you." She shook his hand, "I'm such a big fan of yours."

"Aw, thank you so much. I love your album. I heard a couple of songs on the radio and I just love your music!" Did Hugh Jackman really just say that or was Ari dreaming?

"No way! Thank you, that means so much to me. I met you at stage door at Oklahoma in London when I was 10." She opened her phone to the picture of her and Hugh Jackman. She had snapped a picture of the farm which sat in her living room before she left.

"Oh, no way. That's so funny." Tom Hooper called the cast to gather round to begin, "Looks like we're starting."

They both laughed and Aaron, Ari and Sam followed Hugh to sit down, all three of them sharing a look of shock from the interaction.

"Okay, so let's start with some songs." Tom Hooper informed the group as they gathered round the piano, "I'll let you all warm up first."

The pianist guided us through a group warm up before everyone practiced 'One Day More'. It went well but obviously needs work, especially with all the overlapping parts.

"Ari, would you come here?" Tom called as the cast rehearsed a barricade scene, that occurs after Éponine's death, "Sam, could you fill in for Ari?"

Sam nodded as Ari walked over to Tom, "Ari, I just want to rehearse 'My Days' with you?"

"Yeah, of course." She stood by the piano, flipping through her script to the lyrics. The pianist started.

"Where am I?
Where am I going?
Is it somewhere that I want to go
And when I get there
Is that where happy is?
Or is it somewhere I already know

Sometimes I feel
Like I cry without a noise
Sometimes I feel
Like somebody chose my choice

I have to run away
I have sit and stay
I wanna live a life
Where I'm allowed to say
That I'm proud of the way
That I spent
My days

I can feel
Something growing
It is small but it's shifting the ground
When I was younger I could hear it
But it's back
It's my sound

Sometimes I feel
Like I lost my only voice
But then I realise
Only I can choose my choice

I have to run away
I have sit and stay
I wanna live a life
Where I'm allowed to say
That I'm proud of the way
That I spent
My days

These days
All we ever really get
Are days to dream
And days to lose
I just have to choose
My time

I have to run away
I have stay
I'm gonna live a life
Where I am proud to say
That I followed my joy
I followed my heart
I lived this one wild life
I ripped it apart
I pushed through the corners
With no apologies
And finally I can say
I know the way
I'll say that I love the way that I spent
My days"

On one final note, she finished the song and the room started clapping. Ari grew nervous realising the cast had listened but she thanked them anyway and returned to the scene we were doing after getting her notes from Tom.

As she walked to my place the cast congratulated me and she blushed but thanked them. It felt really nice to be cheered on like that so when Ari returned to stand in front of Aaron, she smiled at him with excitement and he reciprocated the same smile.

***

As everyone was leaving, Tom called Ari over again and Aaron stood by the door.

"Ari, this is Alain Boubil and Claude-Michel Schönberg. They're the original creators of the Les Miserables musical." Tom explained.

The girl smiled and stuck a hand out, "It's so nice to meet you both."

They both shook her hand and said the same thing.

"They want to write some songs in for the beginning of the second act. Since we're adding a few scenes from your family life, they want to write some songs and they've asked for your help."

"Oh my god, that would be incredible." Ari smiled.

"Yes, we could start at tomorrow's rehearsal?" Claude suggested and she agreed before saying goodbye and joining Aaron.

Aaron stuck a hand out for Ari to grand and she interlocked their fingers as they walked out, "What the fuck?" She gasped out with a laugh.

"That's amazing, Ari." He smiled down at the girl, "I'm so proud of you."

She smiled and leaned into him slightly. She realised that her feelings for him were definitely not gone but she was worried he'd moved on, so right now she didn't plan on saying anything.

Ari went back, and wrote some more songs that evening before falling asleep.