Chapter 17

Writing this chapter for the third time nd I literally cried writing it so you all better Vote and comment 😤

jkjk

Third person pov-

Taehyung stepped out from the kitchen area, his footsteps soft against the floor. He approached the table where Jungkook and Duri were sitting, his heart in his throat.

Taehyung took a deep breath, his gaze meeting Jungkook's.

There was a moment of silence as they looked at each other, the café around them filled with the sounds of customers and the soft music playing in the background.

Finally, Taehyung found his voice.

"Hey," he called out, his voice soft.

Jungkook stood up from his chair as Taehyung approached. His heart was racing, his palms suddenly a bit sweaty, his nerves on edge.

Seeing Taehyung standing there, looking as beautiful and captivating as ever, made it hard to concentrate.

He managed a small smile, his voice a bit shaky as he responded, "Hey."

The simple greeting seemed to hang in the air for a moment, and Jungkook found himself searching for something more to say, anything to break the growing silence.

Taehyung, too, seemed a bit at a loss for words. His eyes darted from Jungkook to Duri.

His son, oblivious to the undercurrents, looked up at his appa with a cheerful smile. "My appa, look!" he exclaimed, holding up his drawing. "I'm coloring a rabbit!"

Taehyung's eyes softened as he looked down at his son, the tension momentarily dispelled. He moved over to look at the drawing, crouching down next to Duri's chair.

"Wow, that's great, baby." Taehyung praised, genuinely impressed by the little boy's work. He ruffled Duri's hair affectionately.

Meanwhile, Jungkook watched the scene play out, a strange twisting sensation in his chest. Seeing Taehyung interact so naturally with Duri tugged at his heartstrings in ways he wasn't expecting.

After a few moments, Taehyung looked up from Duri's drawing, his gaze returning to Jungkook.

Jungkook felt himself tense under the intensity of Taehyung's gaze, his skin prickling with an almost electric feeling.

The air between them seemed charged with a million unspoken words and emotions. The café buzzed with the sounds of customers enjoying their drinks and pastries, but it might as well have faded into the background for the two of them.

"Duri, baby- I prepared something for you, go and get it from noona" taehyung says softly to duri

Duri's eyes lit up at his Appa's words. "Really?" he exclaimed, looking between Taehyung and Jungkook.

The little boy hopped down from the chair, clutching Mr. Bunbun tightly in his hand.

"See you soon, Mr kookie."

He gave a tiny wave to Jungkook before scampering off towards Sana, eager to see what his Appa had prepared.

Jungkook couldn't help but smile softly at Duri's adorable farewell and the way he had affectionately referred to him as Mr. Kookie.

Once Duri was gone, the silence between Taehyung and Jungkook seemed to grow even more stifling. They both sat down, jungkook on his seat and taehyung on the seat duri previously occupied.

Jungkook swallowed hard, desperately trying to think of something, anything to say. But his usually articulate self felt flustered and at a loss for words.