Chapter 14

Third person pov-

It's been almost a week since then Jungkook had been visiting the cafe consistently, purposely choosing the times when he knew Taehyung would be working in. He hadn't missed an opportunity to try and strike up a conversation with Taehyung, even resorting to occasional flirtatious remarks.

Taehyung, on the other hand, maintained a composed facade, trying to ignore the impact of Jungkook's behavior. His mind was focused on his plans for revenge against his sister, making it easier to distance himself from any emotional response.

Despite his outwardly calm demeanor, Taehyung's heart would occasionally flutter whenever Jungkook teased or complimented him. The memories of their one-night stand still lingered, and being in such close proximity to the man who had haunted his thoughts for four years was more challenging than he had anticipated.

But Taehyung steeled himself, reminding himself of his primary objective. He couldn't afford to be distracted, not even by the unexpected reappearance of Jungkook.

*

It's Saturday, Taehyung was carrying out the first step of his plan - finding Bogum, his sister's secret boyfriend and his ex.

He had a few leads and had been discreetly gathering information about Bogum's whereabouts over the past few days. Today, he intended to follow up on those leads and hopefully track down Bogum.

Taehyung stood outside the club, the neon lights casting a glow on his determined face. Night had fallen, and the city was alive with a different energy. His cousin, Namjoon, stood beside him, providing silent support. He had left Duri under Jin's care, knowing that his
hyung would look after his son safely.

Taehyung spotted Bogum exiting the club, the loud music spilling out briefly before the door closed behind him. He exchanged a quick glance with Namjoon before nodding subtly, signaling that their target had appeared.

Namjoon gave Taehyung a solemn nod, his concern evident in his eyes.

The plan was simple- approach Bogum and get as much information as he can.

Few days ago, Taehyung found about a new and the biggest project of Kims- that is being lead by Areum. If she gets successful in it then Kim Taeeun would definitely hand her the Ceo's position, the position which made Areum destroy his life.

He won't let her get it.

A very good friend of Namjoon who works in Seoul's branch of kim corporation informed him that Bogum have a pendrive which has all the details of the upcoming deal. And to their luck Bogum came to this club directly from the office means the pendrive is either with Bogum or in his car.

Taehyung just had to find it, without getting caught.

"Be careful," Namjoon repeated gently, the words carrying a mix of worry and encouragement. "Just try to get the information from that pendrive without getting caught."

Without another word, Namjoon walked away, leaving Taehyung to face Bogum alone.

Namjoon stealthily signaled to two men who were nearby, giving them a subtle signal that they could come close now. The men acknowledged Namjoon's signal and began moving closer to the location where Taehyung was waiting for Bogum.

*

Bogum was about to reach his car when he noticed two men harassing someone nearby. The person's face was concealed, making it difficult for Bogum to identify them. He paused for a moment, torn between getting into his car or intervening to help the person being harassed.