5

Chapter: New Beginnings at Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School

The sleek, modern architecture of Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School loomed ahead, its glass facade reflecting the bright morning sun. As the students filed through the gates, Kiyotaka Ayanokouji and Suzune Horikita walked side by side, their usual calm and quiet demeanor masking the significance of the moment. Today marked the beginning of a new chapter in their lives—a chapter that would challenge their skills, their intelligence, and their bond like never before.

After years of excelling in middle school, the duo had been accepted into the prestigious Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School, a school designed to cultivate the nation's future leaders. Only the best of the best made it here, and the competition was fierce. But, as always, Kiyotaka and Suzune were undeterred.

Both had been placed in Class 1-A, the highest-ranked class in the school, reserved for students with the most potential. It was a testament to their hard work and intelligence, but for Kiyotaka, it was simply a continuation of his training—a way to stay under the radar while remaining prepared for anything. For Suzune, it was the first step towards proving herself worthy of her family's high expectations.

As they entered the grand, spacious classroom for the first time, they were greeted by a chorus of murmurs and curious glances. Their reputation had preceded them—two of the brightest minds in the school, known for their aloofness and their close relationship. It didn't take long for them to find their seats near the back, side by side as always, silently observing the other students who would be their classmates for the next three years.

Their homeroom teacher, Chabashira-sensei, strode into the room with an air of authority. Her stern gaze swept over the students, silencing the whispers and commanding attention. She introduced herself with a curt nod before launching into an explanation of the school's unique system.

"Welcome to Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School," she began, her voice firm and unyielding. "You are now part of a rigorous and competitive environment, designed to challenge you in every aspect—academically, socially, and mentally. Each class will be ranked according to merit, and those rankings will determine your privileges and future opportunities."

The students listened intently, though some exchanged nervous glances. Kiyotaka remained impassive, while Suzune sat upright, her eyes narrowing with determination. This was exactly the kind of environment she had been preparing for—one where only the strongest and smartest would thrive.

Chabashira-sensei continued, outlining the points system, which would dictate everything from their living conditions to their access to resources. It was a stark reminder that they were not just students, but competitors in a game that would test their every ability.

After the briefing, the class was dismissed, and the students began to mingle, introductions flowing naturally among most of the group. However, Kiyotaka and Suzune remained in their seats, watching from the sidelines. They had no interest in making small talk or forming alliances—at least not yet. Their focus was on the challenges ahead and on maintaining the unspoken bond that had always set them apart.

As the day progressed, the duo navigated the school's sprawling campus with ease, noting the layout, the facilities, and the subtle ways the school was designed to cultivate competition. The other students were clearly excited, but for Kiyotaka and Suzune, this was just the beginning of a long and calculated journey.

During lunch, they found a secluded spot under a large cherry blossom tree—a familiar setting that reminded them of their middle school days. Sitting down, they opened their neatly packed bento boxes, each lost in thought.