Chapter 3 - Philosophical Discussions With A Mouse:

After taking aboard our three castaways, we continued our voyage. Caspian and I each led Edmund and Lucy to our respective quarters. I took Lucy to my cabin in hunt for some more suitable fashion options.

"Wow," Lucy murmured, looking around at my room.

"This is beautiful," She said, running her hand gently across the smooth mahogany bed frame. "A room fit for a Queen." I smiled bashfully.

"Thank you," I said, going through my closet for something Lucy could wear. Although she was a year younger than me, she had grown up and developed a few more curves than me, she was a stunning young Queen. Much like her sister Susan. Lucy glanced at the dress I was holding.

"Do you think that will fit?" She asked, although it sounded like she knew the answer.

"I don't think so," I confessed, feeling rather embarrassed. "We don't normally have other girls on board and you have grown into a beautiful young woman."

"Gwen, it's alright. You don't have to be sorry." She assured me with her beautiful smile.

"I have some shirts and a jacket you could borrow, and maybe a pair of Cas's trousers." I tell her, grabbing some clothes.

"Lucy, you are beautiful." I say walking over to her, wrapping my arm around her, after I noticed her looking cautiously at herself in my mirror. "I promise. I'm just very small, no surprise seeing as I was raised by a mouse a badger and two dwarves..."

She laughed and beamed at my words and I handed her a white button shirt, a terracotta coloured vest, a pair of Caspian's loose navy blue trousers and a belt.

Her hair was almost dry, and Lucy asked me to braid it for her. So I did. It was a good time to catch up on everything we had missed whilst apart. We talked about England, Narnia and Edmund.

According to Lucy he hadn't stopped talking about me. That made me blush and she laughed. For them it had been just over 8 months, for Cas and I it had been 3 years, 4 months and 8 days.

When I had finished her hair, she stood. "Thanks." She said kindly.

"You look beautiful too, Guinevere. You look more like a queen than Susan ever did." I smiled tilting my head to the side. I highly doubt that. The two Pevensie girls were incredible young women with their looks and intellect.

"I can only hope to be as good a Queen as you both are," I admitted, and my words were truthful.

Lucy grinned back as she began to explain who the blond boy was. He was actually their cousin: Eustace Clarence Scrubb. She simply nodded her head as I laughed at how strange his name sounded.

Half An Hour Later:

As we continued to catch up, I realised Caspian would probably want to discuss our plan and fill the Pevensies in on our mission. Lucy and I agreed to head back out onto the deck, where Caspian and Edmund were waiting for us. We all headed into the Study where Drinian had set up the map.

As Caspian opened the door and allowed Edmund and Lucy into the room, their eyes lit up. All of their prized possessions were aboard the ship, including Peter and Susan's gifts.

"Aslan." Lucy muttered as she approached a shield identical to the one they found inside their hidden treasure room back at Cair Paravel the last time they were here. She continued to look around at everything when she spotted Susan's bow and arrows.

"Look!" she exclaimed as she ran across the room to them. "Susan's bow and arrows."

"Lucy." I addressed, catching her attention and she turned to me as I went to a cabinet and pulled out her own gifts.