Chapter 6 - Peace For Narrowhaven:

Lucy, Eustace and I were chained against a pale bricked wall as we witnessed people being dragged away in carts. There was a man chasing after one in particular, desperately trying to get to one of the women being transported. He was kicked away by one of the slave traders when he yelled out to her. A young girl consoled him as he fell: It was clear the woman was his wife and the little girl his daughter.

I concealed my face looking down towards my knees which I had pulled up to my chest. I'm the Queen and I am powerless to help my people... They shouldn't see me like this. More screams from people in the distance echoed through the streets. The sun had been up for hours, surely, Reepicheep, Drinian and the others would come for us at any moment. That was the orders Caspian left them, hopefully they would follow through before it's too late.

 My thoughts were interrupted as Eustace, Lucy and I (plus the other multiple people chained to the wall) were dragged on a platform one by one in the middle of the square. Obviously wealthy men, holding small pouches of coins and wearing expensive garments, gathered in front of the wooden stage to place their bids. Another man, who was dressed in equally expensive materials was sitting on a throne behind us, I assume he's the head of the whole slave trading operation.

Lucy was moved to the center first.

"I bid 60!"

"I bid 80."

"100 for the lady."

More and more men were shouting bids over and over as Lucy was being auctioned off like a prized cow. If only they knew she was the High Queen of Narnia, I would love to see their faces if they found out... Actually, I rather hope our statuses remain a secret, I don't know what the consequences would be especially in the presence of these foul individuals.

"Any more bids?" The merchant who had dragged us from the bell tower shouted. No one answered. "Sold!" Lucy let out a small squeal as they placed a wooden sold sign around her neck, which was spintering around the edges, then picked her up and tossed her to the side where the rest of the sold slaves were being stationed.

They grabbed a hold of my shackled wrist next, dragging me into the position Lucy was just in, displayed for all the buyers to see. "And how much for this... desirable young lady. She's strong and will be a good worker..." He smiled a sick grin that was clearly not what he meant. "However, she is stubborn, but that can easily be whipped out of her! How much shall we start the bidding at?"

 I just stood there with a stone expression, they would get no more tears or any sort emotion from me.

"100!"

There was a murmur of surprise - no one ever started a bid that high...

"150!"

"175!"

"200!"

"220!"

The money was climbing. I took a deep breath and tried to remain calm. I zoned out for the rest so I don't know how much I was actually sold for. I just know that a wooden sign was slung around my neck before I was shoved over to Lucy.

And now for this... fine specimen." The bidder said, moving Eustace into the centre of the podium. This wouldn't go down well. "Who'll kick off the bidding?"

Silence...

"Come on now he may not look like much but uh... he's strong." The man coerced. 

"Yeah, he's strong, all right. Smells like the rear end of a Minotaur." Some rich gentlemen in the crowd called. I just glared at the crowd of people.

"That is an outrageous lie!" Eustace snapped. "I won the school hygiene award two years running." The bidder pretended to look impressed. I can honestly admit even I have no clue what Eustace is wittering on about.