1

The campus of Seoul University buzzed with the energy of students rushing between classes, groups gathering under the shade of trees, and friends lounging on the lawns. Among the crowd, Taehyung stood out, not just for his striking looks but for the way his gaze seemed perpetually drawn to one person: Jeon Jungkook.

Jungkook was everything Taehyung admired—charismatic, talented, and effortlessly cool. He was the type of person who could turn heads just by walking into a room, his presence commanding attention without him even trying. It wasn’t just his good looks that captivated people; Jungkook had an aura that made him approachable yet mysterious. Despite his popularity, he remained humble, which only made him more endearing to everyone around him.

For Taehyung, Jungkook was more than just a crush. He was an obsession, a constant thought that lingered in the back of his mind. Taehyung had tried countless times to get closer to Jungkook—joining the same clubs, attending the same events, even strategically placing himself in Jungkook’s line of sight whenever possible. But no matter what he did, it seemed like Jungkook only saw him as another face in the crowd.

Sitting in their favorite spot under a large oak tree, Taehyung confided in his best friend, Jimin. The two had known each other since high school, and Jimin had always been Taehyung’s sounding board, his confidant in matters of the heart.

“I don’t get it, Jimin,” Taehyung sighed, his eyes trained on Jungkook, who was laughing with a group of friends across the quad. “I’ve tried everything, but he just doesn’t see me. It’s like I’m invisible.”

Jimin, always the more rational of the two, frowned slightly as he watched Taehyung’s forlorn expression. “Maybe you’re trying too hard, Tae. Sometimes, people notice you more when you’re not actively trying to get their attention.”

Taehyung huffed, frustrated. “I’ve tried that too! But nothing works. I mean, what does it take to get someone like Jungkook to notice you?”

Jimin chuckled softly, reaching over to pat Taehyung’s shoulder. “Jungkook’s a nice guy, but he’s also got everyone’s attention all the time. Maybe he’s just overwhelmed by it all.”

“That’s the problem,” Taehyung grumbled. “He’s got everyone’s attention, but he doesn’t seem to care. He doesn’t even know I exist.”

Jimin paused, thinking carefully before speaking. “Have you thought about being more direct? Maybe you should just… you know, tell him how you feel.”

Taehyung’s eyes widened in horror. “Are you crazy? I can’t just walk up to him and say, ‘Hey, I like you. Do you like me back?’ That’s… that’s terrifying!”

Jimin laughed, shaking his head. “I didn’t say you had to confess your undying love right away. Maybe just start by getting closer to him, like actually talking to him without any hidden agenda. Build a friendship first.”

Taehyung bit his lip, considering Jimin’s advice. It made sense, but the idea of approaching Jungkook without some kind of plan made him nervous. He needed something more concrete, something that would guarantee Jungkook would see him in a different light.

“That might work,” Taehyung admitted slowly, “but what if it doesn’t? What if I just end up as another friend in his life? I want him to see me as more than that.”

Jimin leaned back against the tree, his expression thoughtful. “Well, if you’re looking for something that guarantees his attention, you might be venturing into risky territory.”

Taehyung’s eyes lit up with a mix of determination and desperation. “I’m willing to take risks, Jimin. I just need to find the right way.”

Jimin sighed, knowing that once Taehyung set his mind on something, it was nearly impossible to dissuade him. “Just… be careful, okay? Don’t do anything too crazy.”

But as Taehyung’s mind began to race with ideas, Jimin couldn’t help but feel a twinge of concern. He had seen Taehyung’s determination lead to impulsive decisions before, and he hoped that whatever plan Taehyung came up with wouldn’t backfire.

As the afternoon wore on, Taehyung continued to watch Jungkook from afar, his mind swirling with thoughts of how to make him notice. Little did he know that his desire to catch Jungkook’s attention would soon lead him down a path filled with magic, mishaps, and a whole lot of unintended consequences.