13

The next day, Taehyung tried to focus on his studies as he sat under a tree on campus, his textbooks spread out before him. Despite his efforts, his thoughts kept drifting back to the events of the past week. The confusion and heartache from Seokjin’s sudden change in behavior weighed heavily on him.

As Taehyung was buried in his notes, he noticed a familiar figure from a distance. Seokjin was walking across the campus, holding a bouquet of roses. Taehyung’s heart sank at the sight. He assumed the flowers were meant for someone else, especially since he knew that the effects of the love potion had worn off. The thought of Seokjin moving on from their previous connection seemed like a natural conclusion.

But as Seokjin drew closer, Taehyung’s confusion deepened. Seokjin approached him with a shy but earnest smile. “Taehyung, can I talk to you for a moment?”

Taehyung looked up, surprised by the sight of Seokjin standing in front of him, holding the roses. “Uh, sure. What’s up?”

Seokjin’s expression softened as he handed Taehyung the bouquet. “I wanted to apologize for how I’ve been acting. I know I’ve been distant lately, and I’m really sorry for that.”

Taehyung stared at the roses, bewildered. “I don’t understand. I thought… I thought we were done with this.”

Seokjin’s eyes were sincere, his voice carrying a hint of vulnerability. “I know it might seem strange, but I’ve been reflecting on everything. I realized I’ve been ignoring you, and I didn’t mean to hurt you. These roses are a small gesture to show how much I care.”

Taehyung took the flowers, feeling a mix of confusion and lingering hurt. “Seokjin, the potion… I mean, I thought that was over. Why are you still—”

Seokjin gently interrupted him. “I don’t want to talk about the past. I just want you to know that I still care about you. I’ve been thinking a lot, and I realized that I want to be honest about my feelings. I know I made mistakes, and I want to make it right.”

Taehyung’s mind raced. Seokjin’s behavior was inconsistent with the end of the potion’s effects. He was still acting like the affectionate, love-struck Seokjin from earlier, and it was throwing Taehyung into further turmoil.

“Seokjin, I don’t know what to say,” Taehyung finally admitted. “I’m still trying to process everything that’s happened. It’s been really confusing.”

Seokjin nodded understandingly. “I get it. I don’t expect you to have all the answers right now. I just wanted to let you know that I’m here and that I genuinely care about you. I hope we can work through this together.”

Taehyung took a deep breath, trying to steady his emotions. “Thank you, Seokjin. I appreciate the gesture and your honesty.”

As Seokjin walked away, Taehyung was left holding the bouquet of roses, his heart a whirlwind of emotions. Seokjin’s continued affection, despite the potion’s effects wearing off, was a puzzle Taehyung couldn’t yet solve. The roses were a tangible symbol of the complexity of their situation—a reminder of the connection they had and the uncertainty of what lay ahead.

Taehyung returned to his studies, but his mind was far from focused. The sight of the roses and Seokjin’s heartfelt apology had opened a new chapter of confusion and possibility. He knew he needed to give himself time to understand his feelings and the nature of Seokjin’s continued affection, but for now, he was left grappling with the unexpected turn of events and what it meant for their future.