6

Taehyung’s strategy to avoid Seokjin seemed simple enough in theory: steer clear of his usual haunts and minimize any chances of running into him. But in practice, it was nearly impossible. Seokjin's newfound affection made him relentless, following Taehyung around like a love-struck puppy, no matter how hard Taehyung tried to hide.

It was particularly challenging when Taehyung was on campus. Whenever he walked to class or sat in the library, Seokjin would appear, his eyes always bright with an unspoken affection. During lunch, Taehyung found himself cornered in the cafeteria with Seokjin sitting across from him, chatting animatedly about their mutual friends or the latest campus events.

“Taehyung, did you see the new art exhibit at the student gallery? I thought we could go together this weekend,” Seokjin said one day, his enthusiasm palpable.

Taehyung forced a polite smile. “I appreciate the invitation, Seokjin, but I’m pretty busy this weekend.”

Seokjin’s smile faltered but quickly recovered. “No problem! Maybe another time. I’ll be here if you need anything.”

Despite Taehyung’s efforts to keep his distance, he couldn’t help but notice a different side of Seokjin. There were moments—like when Seokjin had stopped by the library to surprise him with a freshly baked cookie from the café—that Taehyung saw a genuine, caring nature he hadn’t witnessed before. Seokjin's small acts of kindness, though born out of the potion's effects, made Taehyung feel conflicted.

One afternoon, Taehyung was working on an assignment in a quiet corner of the library when Seokjin appeared with a cup of coffee. “I thought you might need a pick-me-up,” Seokjin said, setting the coffee down gently next to Taehyung.

“Thanks, but I don’t drink coffee,” Taehyung replied, trying to keep his voice neutral.

Seokjin looked slightly taken aback but quickly responded, “Oh, right. Sorry, I should’ve asked first. I just wanted to do something nice.”

Despite Taehyung’s attempts to push him away, Seokjin’s persistence never wavered. The unexpected kindness was a constant reminder of how different Seokjin was from his usual self. It was becoming increasingly hard for Taehyung to reconcile this new side with the cold persona he had always known.

As the days went on, the text messages from Seokjin continued, each one more affectionate than the last. One evening, Taehyung received a new message.

Seokjin: Hey Taehyung, I just
wanted to let you know that
I found this cute little shop downtown that sells the best hand-made chocolates. I was thinking we could go there
together sometime. 😊🍫*

Taehyung hesitated before replying, his emotions tangled between annoyance and the faintest hint of warmth.

Taehyung: Thanks, Seokjin. I appreciate the thought. Maybe
we could go next week? I’m really swamped with work right now.

Seokjin: Sure thing! Just let
me know when you’re free.
I’m looking forward to it. 😄

Even though Taehyung was trying to maintain some distance, the more he interacted with Seokjin, the more he found himself conflicted. There was a genuine part of him that was touched by Seokjin’s efforts, despite knowing they were influenced by the potion. The cute moments, like Seokjin’s shy smile when he handed over a gift or his excited texts about planning future outings, tugged at Taehyung’s heartstrings.

Jimin noticed Taehyung’s growing inner turmoil and approached him one day after another encounter with Seokjin. “How are you holding up?”

Taehyung sighed, leaning against a wall. “It’s complicated. On one hand, Seokjin’s being so kind and attentive is overwhelming, but on the other, it’s hard to ignore how genuine he seems despite everything.”

Jimin placed a comforting hand on Taehyung’s shoulder. “I get it. Just remember, this isn’t really Seokjin. It’s the potion making him act this way. Try to focus on finding a solution, and hang in there. We’ll get through this.”

Taehyung nodded, taking a deep breath. The struggle of dealing with Seokjin’s relentless affection while trying to stay true to himself was tough, but he knew he had to keep moving forward. With Jimin’s support and his determination to fix things, Taehyung resolved to navigate the situation with as much grace as he could muster.