14

The following days were a blur of uncertainty for Taehyung. Seokjin's unexpected gesture and continued affection left him in a state of emotional flux. Taehyung couldn't shake the lingering confusion that came with the realization that Seokjin's feelings hadn't faded with the end of the potion's effects. It was as if Seokjin's affection had taken on a life of its own, independent of the magical influence that had once sparked it.

As he walked through the bustling campus, Taehyung found himself reflecting on everything that had happened. The whirlwind of emotions, the highs and lows, the confusion, and now, this unexpected twist-he felt like he was on the edge of something new, something that could redefine everything he thought he knew.

One afternoon, Seokjin approached him again, this time with a more determined expression. "Taehyung, can we talk? Really talk?"

Taehyung nodded, feeling a mix of anticipation and anxiety. "Yeah, let's talk."

They found a quiet spot in the university garden, away from the noise and distractions of campus life. The setting sun cast a warm glow over the garden, adding a sense of calm to the moment.

Seokjin took a deep breath before speaking. "I know things have been confusing, for both of us. But I've realized that my feelings for you... they're real, Taehyung. I don't know how or why, but I care about you, and that won't change."

Taehyung looked into Seokjin's eyes, searching for any sign of hesitation or uncertainty. But all he saw was sincerity. "Seokjin, this has been really overwhelming. I've been trying to make sense of everything, and it hasn't been easy. But I've come to care about you too. I'm just scared that this isn't real."

Seokjin reached out, gently taking Taehyung's hand in his. "Why do you think that way? Taehyung, my feelings are real for you."

Taehyung hesitated, the weight of his secret pressing heavily on him. He'd been debating whether or not to tell Seokjin the truth about the love potion, and now, faced with Seokjin's earnestness, he knew he couldn't keep it hidden any longer.

"Seokjin, there's something I need to tell you," Taehyung began, his voice trembling slightly. "This whole thing started because... because I used a love potion. It wasn't meant for you-it was meant for Jungkook. But you accidentally drank it, and that's how all of this started. The potion was supposed to last only a week, but you're still... you're still showing love toward me. I don't understand why."

Seokjin listened intently, his expression unreadable as Taehyung's confession spilled out. When Taehyung finally finished, Seokjin remained silent for a moment, processing everything.

Finally, Seokjin spoke, his voice gentle. "Taehyung, I've been in love with you from the very beginning. Long before the potion. I never had the courage to say anything because... well, I didn't think you'd feel the same way. When the potion took effect, I guess it gave me the push I needed to show you how I really felt. But my feelings for you, they're not because of the potion. They're real."

Taehyung's eyes widened in shock. "You... you've always felt this way?"

Seokjin nodded. "Yes. And I've never stopped feeling that way. The potion might have been what brought us together, but what's between us now-it's genuine, Taehyung."

A warmth spread through Taehyung at Seokjin's words. He had spent so much time doubting, second-guessing his feelings, that he hadn't considered the possibility that something real could come out of this unexpected situation. Maybe Seokjin was right. Maybe the origin of their feelings didn't have to define their future.

"I don't want to lose what we have," Taehyung admitted, his voice soft but full of emotion. "I want to see where this goes, with you."

A smile spread across Seokjin's face, a mix of relief and joy. "Me too, Taehyung. Let's take this one step at a time, and see what we can build together."

They sat there for a while longer, hands intertwined, sharing the peaceful silence of the garden. It was a moment of clarity for Taehyung-a decision to embrace the uncertainty, to allow himself to explore this new connection with Seokjin without letting the past hold him back.

The next few days felt like a fresh start for both of them. Taehyung and Seokjin began spending more time together, not just as classmates or friends, but as something more. They went on quiet walks, studied together in the library, and even found themselves laughing over shared meals. Each moment felt like a step towards something deeper, something neither of them had anticipated.

Taehyung noticed how natural it felt to be around Seokjin now, how the initial awkwardness had given way to a comfortable companionship. They no longer tiptoed around each other, and instead, began to share more of themselves-their dreams, fears, and hopes for the future.

One evening, as they were sitting on a bench overlooking the city lights, Seokjin turned to Taehyung with a thoughtful expression. "You know, Taehyung, I never expected any of this to happen. But now that it has, I'm really glad it did."

Taehyung smiled, feeling a sense of contentment wash over him. "Me too. I think we've both grown a lot through this, and I'm excited to see where we'll go from here."

Seokjin leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to Taehyung's lips. It was a kiss full of promise, a quiet affirmation of the new beginning they were choosing together.

As they pulled away, Taehyung felt a lightness in his chest, a sense of hope he hadn't felt in a long time. Whatever the future held, he knew they were ready to face it together, building something real and lasting, beyond the shadows of the past.