12

Taehyung’s search for the woman who had given him the love potion had waned, his mind preoccupied with the whirlwind of emotions and complications surrounding Seokjin. However, fate had a way of intervening. One day, while walking through the university market, Taehyung unexpectedly spotted her.

She was at a small stall, selling herbal remedies and charms, looking as enigmatic as ever. Taehyung's heart raced as he approached her, the weight of his questions pressing heavily on him.

“Excuse me,” Taehyung began, trying to keep his voice steady. “I need to ask you something. How long does the love potion last?”

The woman’s eyes narrowed slightly, as if assessing the gravity of Taehyung’s inquiry. “Ah, so you’ve been affected by it. The potion’s effects are temporary. It lasts for one week.”

Taehyung’s heart sank. “Today is the last day?”

The woman nodded solemnly. “Yes. By the end of today, the effects should wear off.”

Taehyung felt a wave of despair wash over him. The realization that the emotional connection he had been experiencing with Seokjin was about to dissolve left him feeling hollow. All the moments they had shared, the intimacy and affection—was it all just an illusion created by the potion?

As he walked away from the stall, Taehyung felt a gnawing emptiness. The realization that Seokjin’s feelings for him were a result of the potion’s influence rather than genuine emotion was painful. He couldn’t help but question the authenticity of their connection and felt lost in a sea of confusion and regret.

Later that day, Taehyung found himself at Seokjin’s usual hangout spot on campus, hoping to talk or at least get some closure. But as he approached, Seokjin’s demeanor was noticeably different. Seokjin barely acknowledged him, his behavior cold and distant.

Taehyung’s heart dropped. The realization hit him hard—Seokjin’s affection was indeed fleeting, influenced by the potion. The sudden change in Seokjin’s behavior confirmed his worst fears. The connection they had felt real, but it was tainted by the potion’s effects.

Taehyung’s attempts to reach out to Seokjin were met with indifference. Each rejection only deepened his sense of loss. The once warm and affectionate Seokjin had become a stranger overnight, and Taehyung was left grappling with the painful truth.

Feeling distraught, Taehyung sought solace with Jimin. They met at a quiet café, where Taehyung poured out his frustrations and sorrow. Jimin listened empathetically, his presence a comforting anchor amidst the storm of Taehyung’s emotions.

“I thought what we had was real,” Taehyung said, his voice trembling. “But now I’m realizing it was all just the potion. I don’t know how to deal with it. I feel like everything was a lie.”

Jimin placed a reassuring hand on Taehyung’s shoulder. “Taehyung, I know this is hard. The potion affected both you and Seokjin, but that doesn’t mean your feelings were entirely false. It’s normal to feel hurt and confused right now.”

Taehyung wiped away a tear. “It’s just so hard to accept. I thought we were building something real. And now, seeing Seokjin ignore me… it’s like everything we had was just a dream.”

Jimin nodded in understanding. “It’s okay to grieve the loss of what you thought was real. But remember, the potion was only a part of the story. The feelings you had, the moments you shared—those were genuine for you, even if they were influenced.”

Taehyung took a deep breath, trying to find solace in Jimin’s words. “I guess I need to focus on moving forward. It’s just going to take time.”

Jimin smiled softly. “Exactly. It’s going to be tough, but you’ll get through this. Just take things one step at a time, and don’t be afraid to lean on your friends for support.”

As Taehyung left the café, he felt a small measure of relief. The pain of the potion’s effects and the abrupt change in Seokjin’s behavior still stung, but Jimin’s support gave him hope that he could navigate this difficult period. With time, Taehyung knew he would come to terms with the aftermath and find a way to move forward from the confusion and heartache.